- Gay BINGO Charlotte started 15 years ago, and after a 5 year hiatus, will return this year to continue the mission of raising funds and awareness for HIV/AIDS.
- This event started with 100 attendees in the first year, this year’s attendance is expected to reach close to 2,000.
- November 14th at the Grady Cole Center, 310 N. Kings Drive. Doors open at 6:30pm, show starts at 7:30pm.
- The evening will include outrageous costumes, song, dance and the most unconventional game of bingo you’ll ever play.
- Individual tickets are $30 each and reserved tables (10 seats each) are available by advance purchase for $400. Tickets will go on sale Thursday, Sept. 3. For more ticket information, visit gaybingocharlotte.org.
- Mecklenburg County has the highest number of HIV/AIDS cases in North Carolina.
- On average, 7 new cases of HIV are reported per week in Mecklenburg County.
- Four out of ten (40%) Americans living with AIDS reside in the South.
“Across its 10-year span, Friends of RAIN brought in more than $900,000. RAIN is forever grateful for their dedication and hard work. A second wave of incredible volunteers are bringing back Gay Bingo. Not only is the event an absolutely wacky escape from the everyday, it also brings in funds for our youth, adult and senior adult HIV services. Fundraisers like Gay Bingo make an enormous difference in RAIN’s ability to help people start or stay in HIV treatment and overcome struggles that can threaten their stability and health.” – Debbie Warren, Founder, President, & CEO of RAIN
RAIN is one of the largest HIV nonprofits in the Carolinas and provides supportive services to HIV+ youth, adults and senior adults in the Charlotte metropolitan area. Services include bilingual community education and support services, specialized support for HIV+ youth, chronic disease self-management training, chaplain services, customized programs for faith communities, and case management linking clients with housing, medications, treatment and other resources.