Bi-Lingual Check & Connect Coordinator
Responsible for planning and management of Communities In Schools’ operations at the site and the implementation of the Communities In Schools’ model of integrating student services. The Check & Connect Coordinator position will identify and assess the needs of enrolled students. This position will work directly and collaboratively with students and their families, school staff, service agencies and community service providers to implement strategies that address school success for students identified with high absenteeism.
Major areas of responsibility:
• Collaborates with school administrators, staff and teachers in the implementation of the Communities In Schools model. The site team may include other Communities In Schools employees, volunteers, schools staff or faculty and/or other community partners. This process will include the building and nurturing of school staff relations, relationships to school and community and the engagement of volunteer for the delivery of services.
• Member of the school support team that develops the annual school needs assessment. This process will be based on such sources: data collected by school districts and schools as part of overall school improvement initiatives, surveys and discussions with staff, parents and students and evaluation results from the previous year.
• Lead the development and implementation of the school support plan. The plan will include measurable objectives, as well as procedures for delivering school-wide services, targeted and sustained services, monitoring and adjusting services and evaluating and reporting effectiveness.
• Lead and coordinate the delivery of evidence-based services based on best practice and risk factor research. Widely accessibleschool-widee services will be provided to help address identified school-wide needs or to build and reinforce student assets.
• Case manage identified students through targeted and sustained services that will be coordinated and provided at the school site.
• Monitoring and adjust services. The Check & Connect Coordinator will lead the CIS school support team in regularly monitoring and adjusting services as needed to maximize effectiveness and impact.
• Evaluate the effectiveness at achieving school and student individualized goals. The Check & Connect Coordinator will lead the CIS school support team in implementing a systematic data collection plan to evaluate the effectiveness of services in achieving school-wide goals and addressing the needs of individual students.
• Support annual reporting process. Annual end-of-year reports will be provided to school and affiliate leadership which are instrumental in planning site services for the following year, as well as contributing to affiliate level reports for partners, the state office and the Communities In Schools National Office.
• Lead and coordinate the delivery of evidence-based services based on best practice and risk factor research. Services provided should fall within the framework of Academic, Behavior Coursework and Parent Engagement (ABC+P).
• Complete appropriate documents relative to capturing services provided to students within seven days of service delivery. Ensure accurate and timely data is entered in CIS Student Database System (CISDM).
• Provide services to identified students, assess student needs using defined methodologies and coordinate the implementation of a variety of student, family, community services and educational programs and strategies in support of the student.
• Assess and identify root cause of student/family concerns.
• Monitor and track levels of engagement using defined methodologies of “check and connect”.
• Collect, document and compile student data as a tool to assess absences, tardies, suspensions and grades/credits earned.
• Prepare assessments and reports.
• Work directly and collaboratively with students and their families, school staff, service agencies and community service providers to implement strategies that address school success for students identified with high absenteeism.
• Act as a liaison between the students, family, community and school site, connect resources to students and families.
• Execute weekly one-on-one check-ins with students.
• Facilitate communication and to support students to problem solve, set goals and establish patterns to achieve goals.
• Contact parents by phone, email and home visits to share information and develop plans to help re-engage students in school.
• Attend school support team meetings, weekly school staff meetings, staff development activities and other relevant meetings to assist with student engagement as required.
• Bi-Lingual. Must be proficient in English/Spanish (read/write/ speak).
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field, Master’s preferred, Social Work Licensure preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of successful experience working in social work and/or counseling required, experience working with school-age children and in school environment preferred.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to build and maintain strong relationships while fostering a spirit of collaboration with internal colleagues and external partners, with students, parents and school personnel.
• Ability to analyze and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical manuals,and governmental regulations.
• Possess strong time and project management skills, have specific examples of such work, self-starter, well organized, detail-oriented and able to effectively work independently and within a team framework in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write/edit reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present written and/or oral information and respond to questions from managers, clients and the general public.
• Ability to speak effectively to guests, candidates or employees of the organization one-on-one or in a group setting.
• Experience working with Microsoft office.
• Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
• A valid NC driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
Submit a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com.