Diamonds Direct is in search of a creative, motivated and energetic individual with a passion for connecting with current and future customers through the ever-changing social media landscape.
The ideal candidate is a team player with great ideas that will reinforce our marketing strategy while embracing our rhino culture. They will possess excellent communication skills, the ability to express our company’s views creatively and the skills necessary of handling our social media presence ensuring high levels of customer engagement and in turn, foot traffic to our 15 (and growing) store locations.
As a Social Media Coordinator, you will develop original content and suggest creative ways to attract more customers to our stores and promote our brand. Ultimately, you should be able to increase web and foot traffic and customer engagement metrics aligned with broader marketing strategies. This full-time role will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to contribute to, influence and impact the evolution and contribution of the company’s long-term social media strategy far beyond what the candidate’s experience might otherwise suggest.
As a core priority functional area, the Social Media Coordinator will benefit from a close working relationship with the Digital Marketing Manager and have direct access to the VP of Marketing and Branding. Diamonds Direct’s size allows for a great deal of collaboration between all members of the marketing team and the coordinator role is expected to provide a very unique and valuable learning experience for the right candidate.
Diamonds Direct relies on committed, talented and entrepreneurial individuals who desire and are given the opportunity to make a difference. With this in mind, only individuals that closely match the expectations in the role description below will be considered for the role.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of a robust social media strategy that supports the company’s overall marketing strategy.
• Assist in the creation of impactful content calendars, including text, image and video content.
• Capture and edit high-quality, relevant photos and videos of jewelry for use on digital channels.
• Keep social pages up-to-date with promotional information, customer photos, special hours, etc.
• Monitor and facilitate online conversations with customers and respond to comments and messages on owned brand channels (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google Business, Yelp and others).
• Assist in the management of social and digital budgets.
• Assist in placing paid social and digital ads, including through Facebook Ads Manager and Pinterest promoted pins.
• Research and identify relevant social media influencers and contribute to the development and execution of a national influencer strategy.
• Research audience preferences, competitor marketing activities and current trends in the jewelry industry.
• Regularly report on social media and digital metrics, as well as online reviews and feedback from customers and followers.
• Stay up-to-date with changes in the social media landscape, ensuring maximum effectiveness.
• Suggest new ways to attract prospective customers, like promotions and competitions.
• Assist in all other marketing initiatives when appropriate.
Qualifications and requirements:
• An excellent knowledge of multiple major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat, blogging etc.).
• Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
• The ability to think creatively to develop and deliver engaging, high-quality social content (text, image and video).
• Understanding of the social media landscape and the ability to stay up-to-date on digital trends and act proactively.
• Works well in a fast-paced environment and can adapt quickly to changing priorities.
• High level of attention to detail and analytical skills.
• Ability to function independently, as a self-starter and as part of a team.
• Strong communication skills: writing, editing, verbal.
• Curious, hungry to learn and grow, willing to go the extra mile to achieve success.
• Willingness to work outside of normal business hours, if necessary.
• Professional experience creating, executing and measuring social media efforts preferred but not required.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and other photo-editing software preferred but not required.
• Ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or Communication (Advertising/Public Relations) or relevant field.