Employee Relations Business Partner
AccruePartners offers a competitive benefits package to meet the diverse needs of all of our contractor and consulting employees and their family members. Here is a listing of what our company offers: 401(k) Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Medical and Prescription Drug, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
The team you will be joining:
• Instructional organization serving the Charlotte community.
• Dedication to providing quality service and value by exceeding customer expectations.
• Rich history of growth and diversification.
What they offer you:
• Culture – environment of flexibility, success and accountability.
• Growth – exceptional personal and professional growth potential.
• Opportunity – high visibility to senior leadership on an enterprise level.
• Stability – emphasis on developing and retaining top talent.
Why this role is important:
• Investigate Open Door complaints and provide management recommendation as needed.
• Consistent application of internal investigation best practices (consistent with internal investigation process).
• Case management, progress reporting and document tracking for internal investigations.
• Work closely with managers and field human resources to ensure consistent application of policy, practices and initiatives.
• Advise, coach and guide managers on disciplinary issues including misconduct, policy or practice violations, corrective actions and termination.
• Review challenged termination decisions and disciplinary decisions for fairness, consistency and potential legal liability.
• Provide performance management support and coaching to managers with the intended goals of growing manager’s expertise in this area and mediating performance and employee/manager issues.
• Make recommendations to resolve employee concerns that promote a fair, equitable and inclusive workplace.
• Ensures that legal requirements are met in terms of employee relations to minimize exposure to liability.
• Utilize high-level judgment and risk recognition skills to appropriately identify and estimate legal and reputational risk.
• Analyze and protect highly confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate level of discretion.
• May assist Law Department in response to EEOC charges and claims.
• Conduct analysis of investigation case data to recognize and report trends monthly, mid-year and at year-end.
The background that fits:
• Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience. Senior • Human Resources Professional Certification (SPHR) preferred.
• 5+ years recent experience as a human resource generalist of which 5 years in Employee Relations in a heavy service, field operations or call center setting.
• Extensive working knowledge of federal laws governing employment practices.
• Demonstrated competencies in all areas of Human Resources including staffing, employee relations, compensation, leave of absence administration, regulatory compliance and benefits.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including developing and presenting PowerPoint presentations.
• Excellent organizational skills, able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to create positive working relationships with all levels within the organization.
• PC proficiency in software applications to include MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.