Business Development Manager
Abundant is a partner-oriented, dedicated group of people with expertise in building engineering, software development, IT and data analytics. Our goal is to transform building performance by making analytics a long-term competitive advantage for the real estate market. We provide commercial solutions for planetary problems. We are addressing climate change by supporting operational efficiency in the built environment. Abundant Power is located in Historic Southend, next to the light trail. Check out www.AbundantPower.com and our video on Youtube.com to learn more about our company.
What is Buildings Internet of Things? BIoT, the Buildings Internet of Things, focuses on all the components in a building that could be connected to the network (the Internet). HVAC, lighting, security, lifts, AV, communications, parking, utility meters, vending machines, energy management, water management, landscaping/irrigation, digital signage and voice and data are the major categories, but by no means do these encompass all the different types of devices and elements you might find in a building or portfolio, especially for a campus or city scale. BIoT can help us operate buildings in the most cost-effective manner, save energy, be good stewards of our resources, make sure the occupants are safe and happy and ultimately achieve a more profitable enterprise.
Responsible for effectively developing creative business growth strategies, with the goal of generating more revenue for an innovative up-and-coming, fast growing venture backed company. This includes creating and executing new sales strategies and business plans to acquire new Channel Partners and sell additional products or services to existing ones. Success in this role requires technology industry knowledge and experience with a proven ability to close deals and build relationships to effectively grow the business.
Here’s what you’ll be accountable for:
Effectively Grow the business through bringing on new Channel Partners
• Develop a comprehensive pipeline of partners including facility managers, property managers,
controls companies, energy engineers, etc.
• Research market, industry and customer trends.
• Identify sales and services that would appeal to new channel partners.
• Find and develop leads.
• Understand the industry, our target audience, our brand and what we do.
• Draft and develop sales collateral (printed and electronic materials).
• Assist in Direct Sales Digital efforts.
• Effectively use marketing information to sell the company.
• Close new Channel Contracts.
Building and maintaining strong relationships (relationship management)
• Build trust and long-term relationships with Channel Partners.
• Maintain and grow relationships with existing partners.
• Manage partner accounts.
• Manage and exceed both company and partner expectations.
• Build strong rapport with company leadership – engaging and escalating issues to leadership, when appropriate.
• Manage the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Tool.
• Attend and represent the company at conferences, trade events and other networking events.
Effective at telling a story
• Engaging- able to understand and grab the target audience’s attention.
• Identify customer points of pain accurately and clearly to help define a solution.
• Articulate Abundant Power’s point of view.
• Capture the voice of the Company.
This job might be for you if you:
• Have a strong work ethic.
• Are technologically savvy (knowledge and experience).
• Think of yourself as a ‘hunter’.
• Have demonstrated and proven results in growing a business.
• Are able to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions.
• Communicate effectively and efficiently (excellent verbal and written communication skills).
• Are able to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
• Are self-motivated and self-directed.
• Have integrity, must be able to represent the company in a positive, truthful manner.
• Are a quick learner that has the ability to “connect the dots”.
• Like ongoing learning and research as part of your daily routine.
• Creative thinker- always striving to be different and stand out from the pack.
You should meet the following criteria to apply:
• Local to the Charlotte area and/or willing to relocate.
• BA/BS or equivalent experience.
• Channel direct industry experience or a similar field.
• 5-8 years of experience in Business Development.
• Experience working for a small company (e.g. is resourceful).
• Interest in architecture and building technology.
• Ability to work as an individual contributor in a results-only work environment.
• Able to pitch to the Interview team at the end of the interview process.
Why work with us:
Abundant Power’s Core Values
Everything we do at Abundant Power is dictated by our values. We take them very seriously and we’re proud of this unwavering commitment.
• Play to win. Put in the extra effort and ‘grab a bucket’, meaning to always be willing to help a customer and/or teammate.
• Keep it fun. Positive energy, positive attitudes. Smile.
• Keep it real. Be accountable, keep your promises and be transparent.
• Keep on growing. Be resourceful and always keep learning.
• Keep our mission. Be a part of the Big Picture.
Submit resume to Katie Smoot at Katie@insightcxo.com.