The Senior Workforce Relations Consultant provides leadership and direction within the HR Corporate Operations Team and on divisional and/or organizational projects and programs. Provides strategic and expert consultative support for all leaders on workforce issues that impact business objectives, identifying project/partnership opportunities to build a world class teammate-centric culture. Serves as a subject matter expert on policies, procedures, employment law and fundamentals of all core areas of human resources. Coordinates and leads enterprise-wide processes.
• Serves as role model and HR expert, allowing HR center to provide exceptional HR services to meet assigned business unit objectives. Provides leadership for department in the absence of or at the request of the HR leader. Identifies and utilizes appropriate experts/resources when needed.
• Serves as project and/or program lead, developing work plans and providing the required level of direction and support for successful completion of project. Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations. Constantly focuses on continuous improvement.
• Provides expert human resources consulting services for executives, business unit leaders and employees to optimize core business values and implement strategic initiatives and achieve organizational goals. Consultant has robust understanding of the day to day operations of the assigned business units. Develops and executes strategies in collaboration with the human resources team and operational leadership to support business strategy and objectives. Utilizes metrics for decision making, seeks out and shares appropriate metrics with business unit leaders to improve overall performance.
• Serves as innovator, change agent and conflict resolution mediator to support the effectiveness of departments within assigned client groups.
• Serves as consultant to leaders on workforce relations issues of low to high complexity. Assists leaders with assessment of individual and team performance improvement/enhancement needs and the development of associated action plans.
• Serves as a workforce culture champion, promoting a positive work environment and employee experience through activities such as employee recognition, education, coaching, career development and guidance. .Focuses on career development, career paths and succession planning with business unit leaders.
• Work requires typing, filing, use of telephone and sitting for prolonged periods of time.
• Stretching, bending, reaching, pushing and pulling are required a moderate amount of the time.
• May lift and carry up to 40 pounds on an intermittent basis.
• Some standing and walking is required.
• Must speak and understand English fluently.
• Must demonstrate the ability to communicate and concentrate effectively.
• Good hearing is required for related communications.
Education, experience and certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources, legal, business administration, psychology or related field required.
• Masters Degree or Juris Doctor preferred.
• 5 years of related experience required, preferably experience demonstrating increased or diversified responsibility in human resources, business and leadership/management roles.
• PHR/ SPHR preferred. Possesses oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, computer skills and ability to multi-task.
Why work with us:
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.