Social Media Associate
The Charlotte Hornets seek one part-time, Social Media Associate during the 2018-19 NBA season to assist members of the digital media department. You will contribute to season-long digital marketing and social media campaigns, day-to-day social media executions, help curate social media content in-game and will act as a key contributor to the Hornets digital team. Attendance at Hornets home games is required and the job includes weekend work.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Assist with day-to-day posting and scheduling of Hornets and Spectrum Center content on team social media platforms.
• Attend and cover Hornets player/team appearances and Spectrum Center media events via photo and social media.
• Attend and cover Hornets home games via social media and act as game-night photographer for the digital media team.
• Report analytics and insights of social media campaigns and sponsored content as needed.
• Assist with day-to-day interaction and responses to Hornets/Spectrum Center social communities as well as monitoring fan engagement and tone.
• Perform other tasks, projects and responsibilities assigned.
Required skills, experience and abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in public relations, journalism or related field.
• Experience in the latest social media tools and trends.
• Knowledgeable and active across the main social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat).
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
• Experience in athletic media relations/sports information preferred.
• Ability to work with a wide variety of people and develop strong relationships.
• Able to multi-task under time constraints, meet deadlines and work within a fast-paced industry/environment.
• Must be well organized, detail-oriented and demonstrate an ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
• Excellent communications skills – both written and verbal.
• A self-starter who is resourceful and is a team player.
• Ability to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.