The Corporate Outreach Initiatives team exists to unite Hendrick around its shared commitment to care for others (employees, customers and community) and to develop the Hendrick Cares brand to be synonymous with the company’s giving spirit.
This Marketing Team position has two primary roles, writing for integrated communications and supporting the team with project management. The role supports day to day implementation of the Hendrick Cares content strategy, provides adapted content to other Hendrick brand leads to integrate into their communications, oversees project management for all communications pieces related to corporate outreach initiatives and dealership outreach requests, develops and fosters relationships with key dealership and social media contacts to assure constant content sharing and supports the Programs Manager and Senior Director with corporate outreach initiative projects.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following, though other duties may be added:
• Collaborates closely with the Corporate Outreach Initiatives team to build the Hendrick Cares brand through communications, corporate initiatives and building relationships across the company.
• Works independently to implement day to day Hendrick Cares communications and content strategies.
• Research and collect relevant stories and organize content gathered from across the company to help celebrate and recognize efforts to care for employees, customers and community.
• Significant focus on developing copy from content gathered and adapting it for integration into the various Hendrick Cares communications program elements including five social media sites (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube), 6-8 newsletter articles every other month, blog posts twice a month, input for ongoing website news feed posts, captions for website photo/video gallery and organization of images and videos to submit.
• Ongoing development of website content along with web maintenance and management through CMS and collaboration with website company.
• Ongoing content collection and writing for online quarterly community update.
• Content development and management of monthly update emails to leadership.
• Project plan development for initiative/event videos – outline, interview questions, shot list.
• Project plan development for initiative/event photography – outline uses, shot list.
• Project management of photos and videos developed for content across integrated communications program.
• Communicate and coordinate with Hendrick Cares leads at assigned dealerships to research, collect and coordinate content opportunities and events.
• Further adapt written content and provide to other Hendrick brand leads for integration beyond Hendrick Cares.
• Social media (ongoing).
• Website news page (ongoing).
• HALO newsletter (monthly).
• TeamMates newsletter (bi-monthly).
• Oversee project management for all creative elements/communications pieces related to brand.
• Manage team tasks and calendar for creative elements/communications pieces in Asana.
• Provide audience overview, message direction, content outline and other details in the form of a project request for internal designers and potential external writers, developers, photographers, videographers, etc.
• Coordinate with dealerships to create or customize marketing materials determined to build value for dealerships, sponsors and the community supporting Hendrick Cares initiatives (banners, brochures, giveaways, etc.).
• Write internal communications as needed to help build awareness of Hendrick Cares brand and initiatives.
• Develop program information and materials to help activate and expand corporate initiatives such as the Spring and Thanksgiving meal drives. Tailor for markets as needed.
• Lead Charlotte-based event communications, oversee events and lead Hendrick volunteers as needed.
• Manage Charlotte volunteer event coordination with partners; develop event sign-up communications and invites, follow-up with volunteers after events to thank them, share photos and request feedback.
• Prepare for and attend Hendrick Cares events including loading Sprinter with required event materials, driving Sprinter to event, set-up event, oversee event logistics, break-down event, unload van after event.
• Manage Charlotte Hendrick volunteer aspects of holiday meal drives, monthly mobile pantries, offsite weekend food backpack packing events and special initiatives such as Greg Olsen, Light the Night, Matthews Alive, manufacturer community initiatives, etc.
• The above describes the position as it is needed today, but as the department or the brand grows and evolves, the responsibilities of the role could change and increase.
Hendrick Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.