The Senior Specialist Social Media provides support, oversight and coordination of public relations tactics through social media channels. The Sr Specialist Social Media is responsible for engaging the community on social media channels by posting and responding with appropriate content. Develops content and supports social media strategy for Novant Health and all its social media properties. Shares media on-call responsibilities with the larger public relations team. Works collaboratively with the public relations and marketing teams to achieve the goals of the organization. Essential to the job are strong interpersonal, writing, project management and communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree in English literature, public relations, journalism or communications preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of social media experience required. Media relations or public relations experience preferred
Additional skills required
• Highly knowledgeable on all social media platforms, as well as emerging media and new technology platforms.
• Results-oriented track record with strong understanding of research, analytics and measurement.
• A Senior Specialist Social Media must develop and continually improve knowledge and skills in the areas of current health care trends and issues of interest to the media and health care consumers.
• He or she must keep abreast of regulatory and governing standards, corporate policies and procedures and corporate and regional planning and development efforts.
• Superior written and oral communications skills are necessary.
• He or she must show a cooperative spirit in participating as a member of a corporate public relations and social media team.
• Media relations, preferred.
• It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
• Our team members are part of an environment that fosters teamwork, team member engagement and community involvement.
• The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
• All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of “First Do No Harm”.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.