Client Support Representative
Founded in Oslo in 2001 before moving our headquarters to San Francisco in 2006, Meltwater is the global leader in media intelligence, with over 1,350 employees globally and 25,000 clients. Our innovative products help businesses extract insights from billions of online conversations and articles – we call it Outside Insight.
The Client Support Representative role is the entry-level position with international exposure. It is a business-to-business support role which involves representing the Meltwater services to existing clients across North America.
Our clients are typically in the Public Relations, Communications or Marketing Departments. Meltwater isn’t a service that is used by just one industry, so you will get exposure to companies and organizations of all shapes and sizes, helping you expand your business acumen all the time. Our goal is to facilitate your professional growth, taking on more responsibilities once you are ready for them. We only promote from within and with offices in so many cities, the abilities to advance your career are unlimited. To accommodate our rapid growth, we are looking for ambitious, driven professionals to join our team. The kind of person that is successful with Meltwater is hardworking, intelligent and well rounded. We are inspired by people who are self-motivated and hold themselves to a high standard, have a good sense of humor and a willingness to succeed.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Offer the first line of support for client questions, issues and product troubleshooting.
• Become a product knowledge expert on our SaaS platforms.
• Serve as a liaison between our technical team and account management team.
• Collaborate with team to hit monthly and quarterly goals.
• Participate in team culture.
Skills and requirements:
At a minimum, you will need
• Customer service experience.
• Computer and technology proficiency.
• Clear communication and writing style.
• Welcoming to change and high volume environment.
You will get bonus points for
• Ambitious internships or relevant professional experience.
• Familiarity with public relations, communications or marketing.
• International experience (academic, personal or professional).
• Ability to work in additional languages.
Our unique culture:
For over fifteen years, Meltwater has maintained a very unique culture, based on a foundation and belief in people and the potential they possess, regardless of experience. Like many entrepreneurially focused companies, Meltwater employees embody the work-hard, play-hard spirit. Whether you meet an employee from San Diego or Hong Kong, you will likely discover many similarities in terms of their achievements, focus and superior communication skills.
Our office spaces are collaborative, open working environments in which teamwork, learning and fun are the day-to-day norms. Each office consists of a number of small teams, ensuring that all of our employees have easy and frequent exposure to their managers and can quickly learn from those around them.