Looking for an apartment in Plaza Midwood? Here’s a quick breakdown of the top 6 apartment complexes in the neighborhood.
Since the Great Recession, the stretch of Central Avenue on either side of The Plaza has been transformed from an under-the-radar cultural enclave to a thriving corridor of new development.
In 2008, there were few apartments and no luxury rentals in Plaza Midwood; today, there are over 2,500 luxury apartments, nearly 1,500 of which were constructed in the past 24 months.
Similar to South End, the surge of new apartments has bolstered the food, beverage, and entertainment offerings in the neighborhood. Most of the growth has been along Central between Louise Ave and Morningside Drive, with spurs now creeping down 10th Street into Belmont and along Hawthorne Lane to the north of Central.
- The Gibson: New build, across the street from Central Coffee, closer to Uptown
- Midwood Station: Brand new (completed in May of 2018) 97-unit apartment complex with 1 and 2 bedroom units super close to Resident Culture Brewing Company
- Overton Row: Newest building in the neighborhood, nice amenities, bonus points for embracing the Thirsty Beaver Saloon, quite literally
- The Nook: Only 24 units, ranging from 580 square-foot studio homes to 1,050 square foot two-bedroom apartments, right in the heart of Plaza Midwood on Central avenue
- Elizabeth Square: The OG apartment in Plaza Midwood; walkable to everything; easiest access to Sabor on 7 th Street (once the bridge reopens in Q1 2019)
- One305 Central: New build, offers townhomes, flats and regular apartments and it’s so close to Midwood Smokehouse and Yafo that you can practically smell the hushpuppies and laffa bread