The Marketing Manager is responsible for managing the process of developing marketing plans and has primary responsibility for implementation, coordination and execution of these marketing plans for assigned areas of responsibility ensuring integration across geographies, lines of business and industries while supporting a “one firm” approach to the market. The position oversees all marketing-related activities including market definition/understanding, marketing strategy, market planning, budget planning, brand management and marketing and sales integration and requires an ability to implement strategically, experience in developing and deploying growth strategies, knowledge across a spectrum of core marketing disciplines and marketing analytics, people and team management skills, collegial behavior and the capability to make sound judgments and decisions with respect to design and implementation of marketing plans. The position may have responsibility for geographic, industry and or line of business with a local, regional or national scope.
• Manages marketing strategy design and execution for assigned responsibility areas through collaboration with marketing leadership team, selected national line of business (LOB) and industry leads and other regional leaders, including LOB, industry and specialty practice and business development leaders.
• Key focus is on helping the assigned growth or LOB team(s) achieve revenue and growth goals in the short term and to enhance the RSM brand in the long-term.
• Project management responsibility for key deliverables as outlined in the marketing plan, including marketing campaigns, programs, thought leadership, demand generation, data base analytics, target market definitions and ongoing analysis to make and implement recommendations to help internal clients achieve their growth goals.
• Integrates and manages designated marketing team and related resources from regional and national marketing teams including marketing communications resources, database and demand generation resources, proposal support staff, marketing coordinators and administrative staff who serve local teams.
• Coordinates marketing resources to assure implementation of strategic marketing plans including defining success criteria, measure effectiveness of initiatives and report on results. Works closely with marketing team to leverage shared services and infrastructures.
• Actively engages, as needed, on large pursuits/proposals assisting with development of pursuit strategy/account planning and key message/value proposition, in collaboration with national proposal team, develops qualifications, value proposition and other information to assist in development of relevant and persuasive proposals.
• Manages development and implementation of marketing communications and resource materials for assigned areas.
• Builds and maintains relationships with strategically aligned external organizations such as publications and relevant industry associations and organizations.
• Manages development and implementation of go-to-market strategies for assigned areas.
• Facilitates overall project management of annual marketing planning, budget recommendation and measurement process for their assigned responsibility areas.
• Works closely with others in the marketing function and business to ensure timely development of integrated marketing plans that are aligned with and support key business strategies for assigned growth team(s), geography(ies), industry(ies) and/or LOBs.
• Plans as appropriate are integrated across LOB, industry and geography. Process is aligned with the national marketing planning.
Monitoring, measuring and quality
• Seeks to determine best practices for the delivery of efficient, cost-effective marketing processes and programs, balancing the need for a pragmatic approach to execution and delivery with the need to deliver services to a consistently high standard for assigned responsibility areas.
• Identifies opportunities to drive cost optimization and efficiency through the appropriate measurement of return on investment of marketing spend and through effective utilization of talent, technology and financial resources.
• Champions the firm’s brand internally and externally within the region, ensures full compliance with the brand strategy, messaging and identity management guidelines throughout the firm for their areas of responsibility.
• Sets the highest personal standard for driving quality in all areas of marketing.
• Adheres and holds others accountable for adhering to all quality, compliance and risk management policies and procedures.
• Participates in selection and development of marketing resources for teams under their assigned responsibility areas.
• May serve as a Career Advisor taking an active role in their performance planning and evaluation process and providing coaching.
• Create an environment of trust, teamwork, development, empowerment and entrepreneurship through quality communication, relationships, coaching and mentoring and actively and visibly demonstrating appropriate behaviors.
• Motivates and develop a high performing marketing team.
• Provides mentoring and assistance to marketing employees that they supervise or influence in the areas of (1) Marketing strategy and planning and brand management and (2) Improved teamwork and communication.
Experience and education:
• Minimum 5-8 years marketing experience with a preference for experience in a large professional services or similar organization with proven abilities to collect, synthesize and manage market/client data and develop and implement direct marketing, advertising, social media, branding and internet marketing initiatives.
• Bachelor’s degree with proven experience.
Why work with us:
You want your next step to be the right one. You’ve worked hard to get where you are today. And now you’re ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you’ll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective. Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.