Product Owner/Business Analyst
IMS is a well-funded startup that is growing fast with a team that has a history of building successful companies. We need to continue to build out new features and ensure customers are on-boarded smoothly, all while seamlessly scaling to support our growth. Our platform enables commercial real estate investment sponsors to proactively manage their investors, investments and properties. It is a game-changer for their businesses. The platform has both a heavy front end (investor dashboards, CRM, etc.) and back-end (complex financial calculations and data models). Though our software is complex, you thrive in simplifying complexity. If you have the technical chops and are ready to build a successful software startup that does things the right way, keep reading.
Investor Management Services (IMS), the leading Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company targeting the commercial real estate industry, is looking for a talented, organized and energetic individual to fill the role of Business Analyst / Product Owner. In this role on the IMS product team, you will report to the VP of Product and work closely with scrum masters, the development team, the UI/UX team and the customer success team. Your primary role is to help the VP of Product execute on the IMS product roadmap. To do this, we expect you to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate business/user requirements and translate those requirements into functional specifications that describe what the system, process or product/service must do to fulfill the end-user/business need. You should have a solid grasp on data analytics, strategy and Agile methodologies in order to deliver a high-quality product to increase company revenue.
• Consult with VP of Product to understand the product vision/roadmap and feature set.
• Research and develop expertise in key Agile processes.
• Create strong process flows and diagrams relative to business requirements.
• Elicit and document functional requirements, ensuring requirements are concise, complete and prioritized and that they are aligned to the goals of the project and the business.
• Create and prioritize user stories that developers and testers can develop against and manage the backlog to ensure a successful release that delivers to expectation.
• Support the development teams to ensure the success of the software solution.
• Work iteratively with stakeholders to validate/refine requirements, define acceptance tests and validate results.
• Facilitate UAT planning and testing.
• Assist the VP of Product in identifying risks, issues and dependencies.
• Provide assistance in identifying, developing and evaluating systems and procedures.
• Work within the Agile framework.
• Serve as a liaison to the other teams in planning, coordinating, developing and deploying multi-team enhancements.
• Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals.
• Understands organization’s strengths and weaknesses.
• Identifies external threats and opportunities.
• Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Undertakes complex tasks and breaks them down into manageable parts in a systematic way, thinks of multiple possible causes and anticipates consequences of situations, thinks of possible alternatives for a situation.
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
• Develops alternative solutions.
• Works well in group problem-solving situations.
• Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Balances team and individual responsibilities.
• Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views.
• Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
• Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
• Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
• Listens and gets clarification.
• Responds well to questions.
• Demonstrates group presentation skills.
• Participates in meetings.
• Writes clearly and informatively.
• Edits work for spelling and grammar.
• Adapts to changes in the work environment.
• Manages competing demands.
• Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
• Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Experience, education and qualifications:
• Experience documenting user stories, previous Agile Product Owner experience preferred.
• Ability to gather information, consult those who need to be involved and drive decisions.
• Experience writing requirements and driving requirements through the full SDLC (Includes business requirements, functional design, conceptual mockups, use cases, test plans and implementation plans and can review and understand technical design).
• Degree in business administration or computer science/information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
• 1-3 years experience as a business analyst.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate a vision, build relationships and obtain buy-in.
• Ability to adapt as business needs change.
• Data analysis and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated organization and planning skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
AAP/EEO Statement: Investor Management Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.