The Marketing Manager is responsible for the execution of Marketing and Communications, Business Development strategies and/or a specific marketing function in a specific market or geography. Daily responsibilities will include managing the corporate Marketing and Communications efforts, pitch and proposal strategy, creative strategy, as well as creating, designing and developing, material as needed. This position will collaborate with the local and corporate Marketing teams to execute strategic vision of special projects and pitches/presentations as requested by fee-earners and broader Service Delivery teams. The Marketing Manager is ultimately accountable for providing fee-earners with an exceptional level of marketing support and expertise.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Manage and oversee all aspects of the pitch and/or proposal coordination.
• Manage incoming requests from fee-earners or collect information and scope of services pertinent to the request.
• Coordinate and lead strategy sessions and pitch/proposal support from Research, Operations and fee-earners based on scope of services, client history and level of effort/expertise required for pitch and/or proposal.
• Manage pitch and/or proposal strategy, including the following, deliverables owned, key activities or analysis for consideration, coordination and delegation of marketing responsibilities Input provided to other teams/personnel, collaboration across multiple functions, final output management and quality assurance.
• Work with team (as required) to write or direct the creation of proposals, ensuring that material reflects the strategy and our differentiators.
• Facilitate review of materials and address any feedback from fee-earners and key responsible affiliates.
• Ensure the delivery of a clean final product to fee-earner or client.
• Drive best practice implementation with Marketing team and beyond.
• Download results of pitch and document comments.
• Execute Marketing and Communications plan to support the overall regional marketing and business objectives.
• Gather and use local market competitive, client and industry insights to inform business strategies and optimize impact of marketing spend.
• Review and guide marketing efforts (both communication development and delivery) for alignment and support of market-specific business objectives, include Service Delivery, Operations and fee-earners as required.
• Manage team of Marketing Specialists and Marketing Coordinators.
• Oversee, manage and lead execution of internal and external marketing events, including coordination with external vendors and other internal business functions.
• Drive regular collaboration with Research function to capture market data and strategically present content to clients and prospects.
• Maintain project schedules and delegate activities.
• Ensure timely delivery of deliverables.
• Coordinate with the Marketing Director and Regional Marketing Director to implement training.
• Keep Marketing Director and Regional Director apprised of issues, progress and status of projects.
• Review all material to ensure brand guidelines and standards are followed.
• Apply global standards and brand positioning to local Marketing and Communication activities (Communications, Marketing and Business Development), managing adoption and compliance by team and local market.
• Coordinate with other marketing professionals to develop and share best practices within and across markets.
• Develop both a strategic/proactive posture and a tactical/reactive posture in the market that helps drive revenue growth and efficiently support business activities, allocating marketing resources appropriately.
• Track and analyze statistics, trends, key wins, major events and other regional information and report to Leadership both results and potential areas of improvement.
The job will report to the following
• Director of Market Operations, Managing Principal or Marketing Director (solid-line).
• Region Marketing Director (dotted-line).
The job may have the following direct reports
• Marketing Specialist: Graphic Design and Digital (Jr. and Sr. positions).
• Marketing Specialist: Project Manager and Writer (Jr. and Sr. positions).
• Marketing Specialist: Communications (Jr. and Sr. positions).
• Marketing Coordinator (Jr. and Sr. Positions).
Role will be evaluated on the following
• Client referrals.
• Conversion rate.
• Cost of customer acquisition (COCA).
• Pursuits supported.
• Cost per win.
• Success of supporting team members.
• Conversion rate.
• E-marketing program effectiveness, open rate (metrics).
• Leads generated (following events).
• Live event attendance.
• Webcast attendance.
• Blog traffic. Conversion, subscribers, traffic.
• Social media shares/likes.
• Website content freshness. The frequency of modification, refreshed content, number of outdated statistics.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience with high-end graphics, marketing or production environment and/or real estate background a plus.
• Advanced analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.