We’re Elliott Davis and we’re revolutionizing what it means to work in public accounting. Around here, we may do the work of accountants, but we think like startup entrepreneurs, social do-gooders and community leaders. So, what does that mean for you? We’re so happy you asked. As part of the Elliott Davis team, you’ll get hands-on experience working alongside some of the leading experts in the financial and consulting field, while enjoying the freedom and autonomy to manage your career and make a positive impact on the world. Are you the right fit for our Tax Manager opening in Charlotte, NC office? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Here are some responsibilities you will get to take on:
• Performing technical tax reviews of assigned tax returns of varying complexity.
• Researching complex tax issues.
• Identifying issues and recommend creative solutions to complex client issues.
• Preparing high-level business returns.
• Delegating and managing tax and research assignments to achieve accurate and efficient product.
• Scheduling a smooth system flow of tax returns.
• Directing and mentoring Staff.
• Maintaining familiarity with Staff’s qualifications, reviewing assignments for appropriateness.
• Providing effective performance feedback and on-the-job training.
• Instructing and facilitating both internal and external training.
• Assisting our Talent Development team with recruiting new and experienced Staff.
Client management and business development
• Pursuing opportunities to provide additional services, pursuing new leads.
• Developing and sustaining excellent client relationships.
• Performing and delegating administrative duties, such as including billing.
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance, Masters degree in Tax preferred.
• CPA license.
• 5+ years public accounting experience, including current or very recent experience working at a public accounting firm.
• Experience with managing multiple tax accounting projects and client engagements, directing and scheduling staff and managing workflow.
• Significant experience working with all types of entity taxes, especially real estate and/or partnerships (additional industry experience is a plus).
• Excellent communication and time-management skills.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com. You can also apply for this position and check out other opportunities on our website.