Marketing & Development Coordinator
Child Care Resources Inc. is seeking an organized and creative self-starter to work with the Institutional Advancement team supporting the agency’s development and marketing efforts. This full-time position will assist the Senior Vice President for Institutional Advancement in the planning and execution of all income-generating events, fundraising campaigns, grant seeking opportunities and integrated marketing campaigns. Key activities including developing communication strategies to drive fundraising, promote organizational messaging and increase brand awareness, planning monthly and quarterly marketing and communications initiatives, designing online and print materials for CCRI’s services and target audiences, maintaining CCRI’s donor database, increasing CCRI’s online presence and email marketing, and managing vendor relations.
• Deliver well-written communications across all marketing channels.
• Assist in grant writing for general operating and program support.
• Manage creative development, production and vendor relations for advertising, print, graphic and web design to meet agency needs.
• Maintain a community engagement calendar for marketing and fundraising events.
• Coordinate staff, board and volunteer participation in events.
• Create talking points and promotional materials for development and marketing events.
• Conceptualize and oversee production of materials/copywriting for external campaigns.
• Conduct email marketing campaigns.
• Ensure that external communications adhere to brand standards and align with messaging.
• Provide staffing and photography for events and work to build CCRI’s photo library.
• Develop, distribute and follow-up to secure placement for media releases, PSAs, stories.
• Support external groups conducting fundraising or marketing events to benefit CCRI.
• Maintain media contact list and document agency coverage.
• Update and maintain CCRI’s website and monitor for broken links.
• Work with staff across the organization to support ongoing content creation.
• Manage CCRI’s social media accounts and monitor for reputation management.
• Assist with development of internal communications.
• Promote a positive image of CCRI in the community.
• Perform other related development and/or marketing duties, as assigned.
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced,deadline-driven, team environment with shifting priorities.
• Flexibility to deliver projects on deadline and within budget.
• Proven time management skills and the ability to work independently.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience writing and editing organizational communications and marketing materials.
• Meticulous attention to detail and proofreading capabilities.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with staff, board and volunteers.
• Must be able to travel locally in Charlotte and the surrounding area, as needed.
Education, experience and technical skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university (marketing, graphic design, digital/new media or related discipline preferred).
• Solid marketing, fundraising and creative experience (minimum 5 years).
• Ability to apply technology solutions (independently or with vendors) to execute duties.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
• Experience with email marketing platforms.
• Experience with web-based content management platforms (WordPress preferred).
• Familiarity with CRM software (Salsa preferred).
• Database management.
• Custom form generation.
• HTML / CSS / PHP and experience with in-house video production/editing a plus.
Software and web platforms used:
• Mac OSX High Sierra and iCloud.
• Pages, Keynote, Numbers (Native Mac OS Office Suite).
• Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat DC).
• Salsa CRM and ENGAGE.
• DirectMail for Mac (Custom HTML email generation for export to Salsa Engage).
• Google G Suite and GoogleAds for Non-Profits.
• FlipGive and Amazon Smile (Shopping for Good Platforms).
• ZOOM and PolyCom (Web and Video Conferencing Platforms).
CCRI offers a generous benefits package including health and retirement plans with an organizational match.
CCRI is an equal opportunity employer. CCRI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.