Senior Manager, Renewal Marketing
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Serving 4.5 million educators and over 50 million students, Discovery Education’s services are in half of U.S. classrooms, 50 percent of all primary schools in the U.K. and more than 50 countries.
Discovery Education’s Corporate Education Partnerships (“CEP”) team is mission-driven and drives the organization’s public/private partnerships, collaborating across all sectors with like-minded organizations to support critical needs in the K-12 universe in order to drive youth achievement. The output of these partnerships includes cause marketing initiatives, workforce development solutions and support for K-12 school service distribution in schools nationwide. We believe that access to dynamic learning experiences should not be dependent upon a student’s zip code and are committed to the transformation of teaching and learning in order to drive student achievement. Explore the future of education at DiscoveryEducation.com.
What we are looking for:
Discovery Education is looking for a digital-minded Senior Manager of Renewal Marketing to propel engagement and growth for our marquis corporate partnerships using a data-driven, metrics-based approach that drives cohesive promotional strategies across multiple internal/external teams, with a focus on merchandising success back to our partner community. Our corporate partners are diverse – big brands, social impact organizations, sports teams, thought leaders – which provides candidates the unique opportunity to work across a broad array of industries, disciplines and subject areas.
Through the development of engagement initiatives that activate awareness, participation and usage, this role will leverage our storytelling expertise to engage marketing partners in our work with like-minded organizations to transform youth achievement. The right candidate for this dynamic position thrives in a high-energy environment and is inspired by the opportunity to collaborate with our internal business leaders, account team, digital marketing team and external “megaphone partners” to drive amplification strategies that measurably build and merchandise program expansion and partner renewals.
This role requires the ability to think strategically, productively collaborate, understand the power of merchandising and to translate big ideas into immediate, measurable action.
Lead all program engagement strategies across 4 key areas
• Discovery Education’s Program Champions – build activation strategies that amplify district engagement in CEP programs, as well as inform future development and implementation of CEP curriculum-driven programs nationwide.
• District Activation – Collaborate with K-12 teams to build and drive targeted district engagement/usage with marquis programs, delivering measurable program outcomes, impact storytelling tools, etc.
• 3rd Party Partner Amplification – Activate programs through other education, industry or 3rd party partners with specific subject matter expertise/alignment (illustrative examples include, but are not limited to, National Association of School Guidance Counselors, Social & Emotional Learning coalitions, Health & Wellness organizations, etc.).
• Internal DE Direct-to-Teacher Channels – build strategies with appropriate K-12 teams to integrate CEP program promotion into ongoing educator engagement channels (i.e. Professional Development events, industry conferences, internal DE staff development, etc.).
Senior Manager will
• Manage the implementation of engagement strategies from inception to reporting results to help ensure account renewals and additional revenue expansion.
• Measure the impact and coordinate with internal analytics team to interpret ROI data for corporate partners, educators/end users and Discovery Education, use results to apply a continuous improvement model to drive customer satisfaction and lead to renewals, upsells and high usage data.
Merchandising partner stories
• Establish best-in-class merchandising strategies for implementation across CEP, in support of partner success objectives (satisfaction, renewals, program expansion.) Partner with appropriate external Account Services staff to ensure consistent, high-impact, measurable implementation.
• Apply strategic, consistent storytelling and visibility strategies to ensure CEP Programs are highly visible across all partner and K-12 channels, as well as amongst all DE employees.
• Lead role collaborating with Digital Marketing team to ensure strategic, high-impact and measurable digital/social promotion of CEP programs and K-12 connections via DEN Online Community, DE.com, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other applicable digital/social media tools and platforms.
• Mission-driven. Passionate about Discovery Education’s vision to transform teaching and learning and a high degree of creativity with a passion for driving performance.
• Professional experience. Minimum 6-8+ years of professional experience with an in-house agency or promotional marketing environment, experience in the education or ed-tech industry a plus, strong understanding of evolving digital landscape as it relates to digital media, website engagement, analytics and overall digital and partner marketing strategy, experience in growth businesses through new business development, new product development and/or innovation in business
• A Bachelor’s degree in a marketing and or analytically oriented discipline (e.g. business, economics, statistics, marketing, etc.) or technology-oriented degree – MBA is a plus – strong partner and digital marketing background. While responsibility for digital marketing lives with another team, the right candidate will possess an understanding of Paid Search, SEO or Customer Experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication as well as strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong business acumen and proven leadership skills, experience leading day-to-day relationships with external internal partners at all levels, strong work ethic driven by a sense of urgency, flawless organization skills and ability to inspire others to act and fulfill Discovery Education’s mission.
• Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. Team builder, not turf builder.
• The courage and confidence to work hard and with passion, committed to getting the job done, sustain effort in the face of adversity. Maintain consistency and focus over time with a positive “never give up” attitude
• Self-motivated and a self-starter. The ability to do what needs to be done without being micromanaged, ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks, proactively manage numerous projects and prioritize competing timelines, demonstrate a problem solving/ solution-oriented approach.
• Always willing to learn something new, not rigid in beliefs or expectations.
• Has a sense of humor. Because we all need to laugh sometimes.
• Technical skills include experience creating polished written presentations and reports, proficiency in presentation design (Keynote or PowerPoint), Microsoft Word and Outlook, Social Media, etc. Experience with graphic design software a must.
• Flexibility. Candidates must be willing to travel 20-40% of the time to meet with partners, customers or internal meetings.
• Bachelor’s degree required and advanced degree’s preferred.
• Legal right to work in the United States.
Read the posting carefully to make sure you meet the minimum experience levels required for the role. If you do, submit your resume, plus a statement (no longer than 250 words) why you are the perfect candidate for this role with subject line, “Candidate for Senior Manager, Renewal Marketing Role” to Lori_McFarling@Discovery.com.
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.