Development Project Manager
Led by internationally renowned Music Director Christopher Warren-Green, the Charlotte Symphony is the largest performing arts organization in the region. Core programming runs from September through May and includes Classical, Pops and Family series, alongside annual holiday favorites Magic of Christmas and Handel’s Messiah. We also serve as the soundtrack to our community’s ballet and opera productions.
Charlotte Symphony Orchestra is searching for an experienced development professional who loves music and supports the CSO’s vision that all children deserve access to quality music education.
As part of our commitment to serve the entire region, the CSO performs everywhere from parks and schools to jails, breweries and senior care centers. We passionately believe that music, accessible to all and experienced in many forms, unifies and enriches our entire community. Longstanding Summer Pops at Symphony Park rounds out each season and our CSO On the Go neighborhood series is aimed at bringing an intimate and affordable orchestra experience to our wider community. Project Harmony, our program for enacting social change through music, serves nearly 200 children with the fewest resources and greatest need through a free afterschool orchestra training program. This program will double to serve more than 400 children in the next 2 years.
What you will do:
Reporting to the VP of Development, the Development Project Manager serves as the primary manager of the CSO’s direct-mail fundraising campaigns, manages donor and fundraising events and is responsible for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors giving up to $1,000 annually.
As a key member of the development team, s/he is responsible for contributing to the overall success of the department and achievement of annual financial goals. S/he works independently and as a member of the Symphony’s Development team and coordinates his/her activities with those of other departments, as needed. Concert and event attendance on nights and weekends is required.
Who you are:
• The successful candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in non-profit fundraising and demonstrated success in campaign and event management.
• S/he will have exceptional organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
• Personable, s/he will have the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
• S/he will be able to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate the highest level of patron service and response.
Skills and requirements:
• A college degree is required.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Social Media web platforms highly desirable. Excellent writing and communication skills required.
• Salary range $38,000-$43,000, depending on experience.
Send resume to MHamilton@charlottesymphony.org with Development Project Manager in the subject line, along with a short cover note stating why you want to work for the CSO. Applications accepted via email only, no phone calls please.