Town Brewing will open its doors late summer 2018 in the rapidly evolving, exciting FreeMoreWest neighborhood, less than a mile from Bank of America Stadium and Uptown Charlotte. We will be brewing an extensive range of beer styles including IPAs, stouts, saisons, kettle sours and barrel-aged beers. We intend to make our taproom, which will include a large patio space, a fixture in the community with an inviting atmosphere and exciting events. Town Brewing Co. will also have a kitchen to provide patrons with a limited, but enticing menu, which we will expand over time.
The Operations Manager/Coordinator will be a full-time role responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction, coordinating among the various departments including taproom, brewhouse, sales and kitchen. As a new brewery, we are seeking a motivated individual who can be a leader and thrive in an exciting and challenging start-up environment. Passion for and knowledge of, craft beer is obviously important, but the ideal candidate will also possess a proven track record of exceptional customer service, strong managerial and event planning skills.
• Manage the hiring and training taproom staff.
• Coordinate/delegate inventory management/ordering.
• Meet or exceed taproom sales goals.
• Meet or exceed outside sales goals.
• Department budgeting.
• Monitor/evaluate sales and labor data in order to develop strategic plan.
• Daily bookkeeping/operations accounting.
• Coordinate among all departments to ensure seamless functioning of overall brewery operations.
• Help draft policies.
• Coordinate, delegate manage the planning, organizing and staffing of special events (such as private parties, charitable functions, run clubs, yoga, beer releases, etc).
• Oversee/delegate Taproom staff scheduling.
• Ensure atmosphere of professionalism, accountability and positive customer experience.
• Maintain a clean, safe, welcoming, family-friendly environment for both staff and customers.
• Develop opening and closing checklists, assignments and other operational procedures.
• Work with other departments to coordinate and generate social media content.
• Coordinate and assign staff to cover outside events such as beer festivals.
• Ensure update and program POS system as needed to reflect menu/retail changes.
• Maintain strict standards to ensure compliance with ABC, health department, etc. and prevent service to underage patrons.
• Monitor and make recommendations regarding equipment and capital improvements/upfits.
• Knowledge of beer styles and craft beer trends.
• Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
• 4+ years managerial experience in bar, taproom or restaurant setting.
• Working knowledge of accounting software such as Quickbooks.
• Confidence to lead others.
• Creative problem-solver.
• Attention to detail.
• Familiarity with multiple POS systems.
• 4-year business degree preferred.
• Cicerone Certified Beer Server (Level 1) required within 30 days of starting employment (Certified Cicerone Level 2 preferred).
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.