Senior Manager, Product Marketing
LendingTree was founded in 1996 by CEO Doug Lebda to help people comparison shop and get a great deal on the single biggest transaction of their lives: their mortgage. Since then, we’ve facilitated over 65 million loan requests, while becoming a household name (our brand recognition rivals Bank of America and Wells Fargo). Today we do much more than mortgages. We are the #1 online marketplace in the US for consumers to comparison shop for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards, student loans, auto loans and insurance. We have established relationships with millions of customers who engage with us through our My LendingTree portal, giving them access to free credit scores and money saving alerts. We are on a mission to help consumers save money and better their lives.
We’re publicly traded (TREE), we’re financially sound and we’re in the top 10 of Fortune’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies. If you’re looking for an opportunity with a dynamic company that is fanatically pro-consumer and that champions your entrepreneurial spirit, then you’ve come to the right place.
The Sr. Manager of Product Marketing, Credit Cards at LendingTree is responsible for defining, developing and implementing go-to-market strategies for the Credit Cards product consistent with company vision within the LendingTree loan mortgage marketplace. The Sr. Manager of Product Marketing, Credit Cards operates in a matrixed environment, collaborating with BI, Analytics, Marketing, GMs, Technology and Sales to develop, innovate and grow the business by enhancing the consumer journey and shopping experience.
• Understands customer and market needs and cultivates products for the verticals served as well as for those that offer prospects of expansion and growth.
• Develop target audience, positioning and communications hierarchy for how we go to market.
• Partner with marketing channel leads to execute product campaigns and go-to-market strategy.
• Drive testing and optimization velocity for marketing copy, communications and segmentation approaches across channels to enable marketing efficiency improvement.
• Work in conjunction with our Product Management team to improve our feature and function set.
• Develop and create an investment marketing case for features or products in ‘growth’ mode – moving beyond a model that facilitates ‘direct response’ profitability within a short timeframe.
• Develop marketing plans to increase member engagement and active user rates.
• Develop cross-sell and CRM support for each product within owned assets (e.g. e-mail, possibly chat, site targeting, etc).
• In conjunction with Product Management, help manage the entire product development lifecycle from ideation to product concept to product development and delivery, including determinations of product renewal, repositioning or sun setting.
• Set, reoccurring review and support meeting of sales and revenue forecasts, as well as critical success factors for product/portfolio.
• Oversee and facilitate refinement of the core positioning, pricing, profitability, marketing and messaging for the products/portfolio.
• 5+ years industry experience, direct credit card experience a plus.
• Able to meet lofty goals and drive revenue and other KPI growth for a product with sharp focus on numbers.
• Manage in matrix environment with empowerment. Ability to influence and lead in absence of direct reporting relationship.
• Able to communicate effectively and succinctly to internal and external stakeholders.
• Good grasp on industry landscape, players, top issues affecting industry and the competition.
• Innovative in nature, anticipate the future and designs relevant strategies.
• Decisive in nature, demonstrates greats commercial acumen and makes good business decisions often with limited data, that will work for the Employees, Our Customers and ultimately delivers shareholder value.
• Optimistic and able to identify opportunities even within difficult situations.
• Drives to make things happen, is action orientated with the ability to get projects and activities “off the ground” quickly and easily.
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
• Executive presence. Able to defend your positions with company senior executives.
• Some travel required, as we have bi-coastal operations in San Francisco, CA and Charlotte, NC.
• MBA required, A degree in Marketing is a solid plus.
Our clothes are casual and relaxed and our work ethic is highly professional. It is our culture for each team member to challenge the status quo, express their opinions and to stand up, ask for the ball and run with it to meet our aggressive goals. We also have a lot of fun together. We’re always looking for the best, brightest, high energy, results-driven Rock Stars to join our team. We reward innovation, creativity and the ability to just GET STUFF DONE.