The day to day focus of the position will be to provide accounting and financial support for two US entities, based in Charlotte, North Carolina and Boston, Massachusetts. These entities are indirect subsidiaries of Wilmington plc, a UK based premium listed entity on the London Stock Exchange. This includes the preparation of monthly Management Accounts, understanding and managing certain general ledger accounts, detail analysis and presentation of financial data, preparation and recording of journal entries, preparation and review of monthly account reconciliations and other similar activities or ad hoc requests. The position would suit a strong accountant who is well used to group reporting to an overseas company and is eager to learn and contribute towards the advancement of the Businesses. The position will report to the Divisional Financial Controller, who is based in the UK and will visit at least twice per annum. The successful candidate needs to be self-motivated as the sole finance representative of the office. The successful candidate will also initially oversee an accounting employee, who is based in the Boston office.
• Prepare monthly Management Accounts in line with a strict timetable.
• Prepare the monthly re-forecast.
• Prepare the Annual Budget.
• Co-ordinate the month-end close processes, record journal entries and provide appropriate detail level review and analysis
Prepare monthly account reconciliations as assigned, including full monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations.
Perform monthly financial variance analysis.
Develop KPI Reporting for the Businesses.
• Take ownership of assigned GL accounts and ensure accuracy, understanding and consistency of application and compliance with accounting standards.
Assist with preparation of year-end audit schedules and responding to audit requests.
Coding of purchase ledger invoices.
• Manage locally held Company credit cards.
• Establish good rapport with key stakeholders.
Maintain financial records in compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
Act as business partner with management to provide recommendations to improve month-end processes, financial controls, forecasting and general analytics.
Analyze current processes and make recommendations for process improvement.
Qualifications and skill set:
• Candidates should have either: a BS Degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 3 years of experience or an Associate’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
• Strong excel skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
• Ability to solve unstructured business and accounting problems and lead multiple priorities.
• Candidate should have strong interpersonal skills, ability to work well on a team and a positive disposition.
• Some internal travel within the US may be required.
• Healthcare, Dental, Life Insurance and 401K.
• Relaxed, casual work environment with great teams.
• This is a base salary position.