Hopper Communities is focused on creating vibrant modern communities in exceptional neighborhoods. Our team is strong, passionate and collaborative. Learn more at hoppercommunities.com.
The purchasing coordinator provides operational and accounting support within the purchasing department while working closely with the construction, accounting and sales departments. This includes maintaining insurance requirements, assisting with direct cost reporting and trade partner set-up. The right candidate will be detail-oriented and analytical, but also have a great sense of urgency and be able to get the job done in a timely manner.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Set up new trade partners, jobs and options in BuilderTrend.
• Maintain trade partner contact information.
• Monitor trade partner insurance certificates for compliance.
• Manage lot information including buyer names, plan names, closing dates, options selected, address information.
• Facilitate permitting and liens process for each lot.
• Manage daily inflow of variance purchase orders.
• Assign relevant trade partner, cost category, variance spend code and amount to each purchase order.
• Work with suppliers/trade Partners resolving invoicing issues.
• Foster and maintain a working relationship with vendor/trades.
Education and/or work experience:
• BA/BS in Accounting/Finance/Business/Construction or related degree.
• Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Previous homebuilding/construction experience preferred.
• Must be comfortable communicating both verbally and in writing with internal and external customers.
• Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.
Email resume to email@example.com.