The Marketing Associate at the U.S. National Whitewater Center (Whitewater) assists in projecting and extending the reach of Whitewater’s brand across a variety of platforms. This position plays an integral role in the execution of marketing deliverables. Balancing project coordination with administrative assistance, this position will provide support to the planning, production, management, distribution and analysis of Whitewater’s various marketing campaigns.
• Develop and maintain an ongoing and intimate knowledge of the outdoor industry and culture to ensure that all marketing efforts are aligned with the authentic, outdoor lifestyle and the Whitewater brand
• Proactively research creative marketing trends across a variety of platforms to stay current and ahead of industry standards
Research and analysis
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of the Whitewater brand, products and services.
• Continually research and develop opportunities for brand awareness within the organization’s target market and community.
• Gather, analyze and create reports on consumer behavior data as well as marketing and sales metrics.
Project coordination and execution
• Assist in the planning and execution of marketing deliverables to ensure on-time execution and alignment with brand standards.
• Coordinate and execute various distribution efforts for Whitewater’s marketing collateral materials.
• Provide assistance to the Marketing Department executing daily administrative tasks.
• Collaborate with the Marketing Department to assist in the development, creation and revision of various media assets used within all marketing campaigns.
• Assist in research, copywriting, proofreading and editing of written content.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Digital Media or another related discipline.
• A strategic, critical thinker and creative problem solver.
• Intellectual curiosity and an analytical mindset.
• Effective and efficient communication skills within the Marketing team, the organization and creative partners.
• Proficiency working in the Adobe Creative Suite, the Microsoft Office Suite and WordPress.
• This position can occasionally be physically demanding and a moderate level of physical fitness is necessary for success.
• Team player with flexibility in schedule for varied workweeks and event coverage – nights, weekends and holidays required.
• Creative Manager
• Facility access.
• Staff discount program.
• Health, Dental, Vision.
• Short-term, Term Life.
• Flex Spending Account.
The U.S. National Whitewater Center is dedicated to the promotion of the active, outdoor lifestyle. We are a team whose culture and work environment facilitates real engagement through real experiences. Since 2006, the U.S. National Whitewater Center has engaged all levels of participants through its activity passes, instruction and youth programming as well as its festivals, races and other outdoor events. Opportunities can be found at the U.S. National Whitewater Center for those interested in active summer jobs, a gateway into the outdoor lifestyle or furthering your career in the outdoor industry.
The U.S. National Whitewater Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the U.S. National Whitewater Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. The U.S. National Whitewater Center is an employer who participates in the E-Verify program.