Commercial Banking serves more than 30,000 clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. Our Commercial Bankers serve these clients by operating in 14 of the 15 top U.S. major markets. Our professionals’ industry knowledge and experience combine with our dedicated service model, comprehensive solutions and local expertise to make us the #1 commercial bank in our retail branch footprint.
The firm’s broad platform positions us to deliver extensive product capabilities – lending, treasury services, investment banking and asset management – to meet our clients’ domestic and international financial needs. Chase Commercial Banking includes seven businesses: Middle Market Banking, Government, Not-for-Profit & Healthcare Banking, Corporate Client Banking, International Banking, Treasury Services, Real Estate and Credit Markets.
Middle Market Banking
Middle Market Banking covers companies with annual revenues from $20 million to $500 million, offering cash management, credit, investment banking and wealth management. Our sales teams provide industry expertise, local decision making and delivery, along with personalized service and a deep array of products, which are all critical to building long-term relationships.
Primary goal is to grow and retain profitable relationships within the Middle Market segment through financial/credit analysis. Under direct supervision of more senior relationship bankers, will work to deliver value added solutions to clients. Individuals in this position have developed the experience to function as the lead on smaller accounts and as backup on larger clients. May handle client meetings on matters related to financing, but would not typically handle meetings involving key clients. Establish rapport with clients through regular contact by phone and in person. Developing the ability to identify financial needs and recommend appropriate products and services.
Our competitive advantage lies in our people. Customers will generally continue their relationship with the same bankers and customer service representatives they have worked with for years. We believe that the combination of local decision-making, local delivery and personalized service are critical to building long-term relationships.
As a Banker in Middle Market, your primary role will be to grow and retain profitable relationships within this market segment. This is accomplished by focusing on the delivery of value-added solutions to our clients and prospects that will help them reach their goals and maximize our revenues over the life of the relationship. You, as the focal point of the client relationship, will orchestrate the interfacing with clients by credit support staff and product partners. You will be a fully experienced, qualified relationship manager capable of independent activity. You should have proven client relationship skills, as well as extensive product knowledge, technical expertise and strong transaction execution skills. Credit process management is a critical component of your job.
You will develop a weekly sales plan prioritizing most promising revenue generating sales opportunities and be responsible for cultivating referral sources, institutionalization of relationships and aggressive calling (bankers should average 5-10 in person calls and at least 10 contacts via phone, mail or e-mail to clients and prospects per week). Performance will be measured by your effectiveness in many marketing areas, including but not limited to: calling activity, proposal generation, revenue generation, risk mitigation, ability to build successful relationships and propensity to help build the franchise for the long term. You will also seek opportunities to cross-sell into every relationship and anticipate the future needs of the client.
Experience, skills and knowledge:
• Typically a minimum of 7 years direct lending or credit support related experience with focus on business relationships.
• Strong knowledge of the Charlotte Marketplace preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of Commercial Banking products and services.
• Formal bank credit training program.
• Strong sales management skills, demonstrate strong tactical selling and negotiation skills.
• Business development skills are essential, arranging and executing concise business calls.
• Must have demonstrated experience and an ability and track record to meet or exceed aggressive sales goals.
• Proficiency in building and maintaining positive client relationships.
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Possesses strong creative solution and problem-solving skills.
• Has the ability to mobilize internal networks and resources.
• The final officer title and job grade is at the discretion of the firm and will be discussed at the time of offer. It may be different than what is listed on the requisition based on candidate experience level.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.