The Communications Manager at the U.S. National Whitewater Center (Whitewater) is responsible for projecting and extending the reach of Whitewater’s brand across all communication platforms. This position, within the Marketing Department, has a strong influence on the strategic direction, communications, public relations and management of the organization.
Through internal and external collaboration, this position will identify and manage all public relations, communication and distribution needs. This position will lead the organization’s efforts in building, maintaining and leveraging strategic relationships within national and local communities, media outlets, business affiliates and industry partners. Tasked with the communication and distribution of Whitewater’s marketing efforts, this position will be the “face” and the “voice” of the brand.
• An active, leadership-level contributor in decisions related to the strategic direction of the Whitewater brand including marketing, operations, product deployments and business unit development.
• Strong emphasis on delivering value and building the business through new revenue streams and product offerings in addition to performing analytical research on consumer trends and business growth.
• Whitewater’s primary contact in communications with the public and Whitewater constituents.
• Manage internal communication projects and deliverables across all departments throughout the organization.
• Continually develop relationships and ongoing networking with all Whitewater constituents including industry partners, government entities, etc.
• Consistently increase authentic coverage of Whitewater through building and leveraging relationships with national and local media outlets and industry partners.
• Leverage media and other third parties relationships to support Whitewater marketing efforts.
• Convey expectations and standards, provide necessary resources, practice accountability.
• Evaluate business processes and communication mediums across all departments and identify areas of development.
• Efficient and effective management of project planning and execution including the coordination of internal and external personnel.
• 4+ years of relevant work experience – brand and/or B2C marketing experience is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or another related field.
• MBA and/or a business development background is strongly preferred.
• A strategic, critical thinker and creative problem solver.
• Intellectual curiosity and an analytical mindset.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to speak in public forums and with media outlets.
• Ability to work well under pressure and make decisions independently.
• Team player with flexibility in schedule for varied workweeks and event coverage – nights, weekends and holidays required.
• Marketing Director.
• Facility access.
• Staff Discount Program.
• Health, Dental, Vision.
• Short-term, Term Life.
• Flex Spending Account.
The U.S. National Whitewater Center is dedicated to the promotion of the active, outdoor lifestyle. We are a team whose culture and work environment facilitates real engagement through real experiences. Since 2006, the U.S. National Whitewater Center has engaged all levels of participants through its activity passes, instruction and youth programming as well as its festivals, races and other outdoor events. Opportunities can be found at the U.S. National Whitewater Center for those interested in active summer jobs, a gateway into the outdoor lifestyle or furthering your career in the outdoor industry.
The U.S. National Whitewater Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the U.S. National Whitewater Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. The U.S. National Whitewater Center is an employer who participates in the E-Verify program.