Digital Marketing Manager
The Digital Marketing Manager will manage the daily content needs, digital assets, performance and data associated with Sonic Automotive’ s retail dealerships websites. The Digital Marketing Manager will work closely with (1) internal and external digital channel managers (e.g. Social, CRM, Search) to optimize the use of each channel to define and drive success at a local and national level, (2)creative teams (e.g. outside marketing agencies, internal brand developers, etc) to execute on brand and campaign visions at scale and (3) leadership teams to set and measure retail website goals, sales, budget expectation and overall digital marketing strategy.
Sonic Automotive is a 2015 Training Magazine Top 125 company, recognizing our training and associate development efforts. Read in Automotive News about Sonic’s investment in its technology-enabled, customer-centric business model. Few companies in America deploy and train their teams with more mobile and tablet technology than Sonic.
• Manage and measure an external team that executes on company digital marketing strategy. Provide direction for optimization and areas of improvement to meet individual dealership goals.
• Devising and implementing sustainable strategies to drive incremental growth in quality traffic to dealership websites.
• Tracking site and page level analytics data and recommending/making improvements to content and strategy based on data insights.
• Developing, managing and delivering multi-channel digital marketing campaigns across the portfolio.
• Utilize a range of techniques including content marketing, paid search, organic search and other digital actions to drive conversions.
• Coordinating and aligning all digital media strategies toward defined goals.
• Managing online brand and product campaigns to raise brand awareness.
• Managing the ongoing development of the Sonic retail websites capabilities into other business applications.
• Improving the usability, design, content and conversion of all retail websites.
• Responsibility for planning and budgetary control of various external partners.
• Evaluating customer research, market conditions and competitor data and managing campaigns based on the insights.
• Reviewing new technologies and keeping the company at the forefront of developments in digital marketing.
• Creating, measuring and reporting on all key metrics associated with owned digital marketing campaigns.
• Thought leadership with Business Technology to define and build an actionable platform for holistic view of dealer operations across entire spectrum of advertising, marketing and traffic management.
• Monthly performance reporting to leadership, including data-driven recommendations for improvement/change.
Knowledge, skills, abilities required:
• Bachelor degree or higher in Marketing, Data Science, Communications, Statistics or other relevant field Association with automotive retailing.
• 7 years of digital marketing experience.
• Prior experience with search marketing strategies and technology, such as Webmaster Tools, Ahrefs, etc.
• Previous experience managing external partners toward a defined common goal.
• Certifications with the major search engine products like Google Analytics, Adwords, GTM, Bing Ads, etc.
• Strong understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategy and best practices.
• Experience in ecommerce solutions, email marketing, social media and user experience development.
• Previous experience in a similar digital marketing role.