Digital Content Manager
As CPCC begins the initiative to redesign the college website, this new position will be integral to the success of the project. As a member of the Community Relations and Marketing Services team reporting to the Director of Digital Strategy, the Digital Content Manager will not only take the lead in much of the initial content migration, but will also work closely with the digital communications team and campus community to hone the website content in the long term to better communicate information about the college. Strong project management skills and attention to detail are required for this position. Equally important is the ability to craft language specifically for digital media.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Content development and writing, applying a consistent brand voice and an understanding of user experience to transform website messaging into compelling content presentations that are informative and inspire action.
• Effectively craft updated content or write new content using best practices for digital content strategy and governance.
• Maintain and review content on web properties.
• Ensure all existing and new content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, tone of voice and when necessary, optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, video and print.
• Advise internal clients on information architecture best practices.
• Employ user-focused basic web design principles and assist in content production and creating new web pages as required to achieve communications objectives with multiple priorities.
• Work with content teams across the college and individual staff to design tailored digital communications solutions.
• Comply with and enforce ADA and WCAG 2.0 web accessibility standards and website best
• May develop web analytics reports to identify improvement opportunities.
• May provide technical training within the content management system to internal clients.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and characteristics:
• Must possess exceptional interpersonal, project management planning and problem-solving skills, evidence of well-developed digital writing and editing skills and a proven ability to manage client expectations and work effectively with a wide range of constituents.
• Understands the relationship between design, content and user experience and how to adapt
content (length, tone, etc) for each medium.
• Flexibility and adaptability when priorities change.
• Demonstrated knowledge of web standards including WCAG 2.0 accessibility and usability.
• Technical aptitude and previous experience with digital content platforms such as Drupal or other content management systems, proficiency in HTML, familiarity with CSS, Google Analytics,
and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Familiarity with SEO best practices, digital content governance, analytics to drive
web content and editorial style guides.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google docs, demonstrated ability to learn and master new software applications.
• Demonstrated understanding of branding and identity development.
• Evidence of success in project management for complex projects, with a demonstrated ability to initiate and implement multiple projects while working within deadlines.
• Working knowledge of industry standard style guides including, but not limited, to AP style.
• This position requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with a minimum of 2 years of experience in developing marketing content for the public or private sectors.
• Higher education experience is preferred.
Required documents to apply:
• A writing sample of 300-500 words and college transcripts (if required for the position) must be attached online.
Position closes on August 5, 2018