Visual Communications Manager
Led by internationally renowned Music Director Christopher Warren-Green, the Charlotte Symphony is the largest performing arts organization in the region. Core programming runs from September through May and includes Classical, Pops and Family series, alongside the annual holiday favorite, Magic of Christmas. We also serve as the soundtrack to our community’s ballet and opera productions. As part of our commitment to serve the entire region, the CSO performs everywhere from parks and schools to jails, breweries and senior care centers. We passionately believe that music, accessible to all and experienced in many forms, unifies and enriches our entire community. Longstanding Summer Pops at Symphony Park rounds out each season, and our CSO On the Go neighborhood series is aimed at bringing an intimate and affordable orchestra experience to our wider community. Project Harmony, our program for enacting social change through music, serves nearly 200 children with the fewest resources and greatest need through a free afterschool orchestra training program. This program will double to serve more than 400 children in the next 2 years.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing and Patron Experience, the Visual Communications Manager converts written and verbal strategic direction into a broad assortment of creative deliverables, including web, digital, print, video and out-of-home. S/he will work as part of a collaborative marketing team focused increasing concert attendance, as well as provides graphic services across the organization. Concert and event duty on nights and weekends is required.
What we are looking for:
• The successful candidate will have a minimum of three years’ experience in agency or in-house creative department, at least 2 of those must demonstrate significant responsibility in helping to integrate design concepts into overall branding and marketing programs.
• S/he will have an intimate understanding of how marketing and communications campaigns work, especially in the performing arts and/or live entertainment sectors
• S/he will have a stellar portfolio showcasing a variety work in both print and digital, a solid sense of design, layout, color and typography.
• Experience designing a wide variety of collateral including publications/catalogs, direct mail, web and email, print and digital ads, video, flyers, forms, banners and signage, and knowledge printing and prepress standards and mailing requirements.
• A college degree is required.
• Fluency in Microsoft Office, experience/expert knowledge of using the Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Photoshop is required.
• Video editing software experience, a plus.
• Salary range $38-42,000, depending on experience.
Send resume to employment@charlottesymphony.