24 Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit located in Charlotte, NC with a mission to inspire and engage communities to make an immediate impact on the lives of people affected by cancer. Our vision is cancer navigation and survivorship for all and our vision and mission come together by developing, funding and supporting world-class programs dedicated to cancer navigation and survivorship. Our beneficiaries and partners include Levine Cancer Institute, Indiana University Health Simon Cancer Center, Franciscan Health Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center and LIVESTRONG. We also organize safe, fun and non-competitive cycling and walking events in Baltimore, MD, Indianapolis, IN and the eponymous “24 Hours of Booty” in Charlotte, NC.
As the Executive Director, you will be responsible for the overall management of 24 Foundation and leading the execution of the strategic plan. This is an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual who is ready to take on the next level of executive challenge and build an expanding organization with a highly visible, respected non-profit. In this dynamic role, we rely on you to execute the 24 Foundation’s strategic plan and create opportunities for continued event growth while managing the regional directors and the administrative and event staff. A deep understanding of and commitment to the cancer communities, extensive business development, event management and non-profit management experience and a strong ability to build partnerships are essential for success. The ideal candidate demonstrates an understanding and commitment/passion for fighting cancer and empowering cancer survivors.
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Management and governance – 50%
• Lead and scale a high-growth organization by way of strategic development, shaping processes and developing an infrastructure that will take the 24 Foundation to the next growth stage.
• Staff/Volunteers – provide direct supervision to staff, contractors and volunteers.
• Team management – mentor, team builder and creator of positive cultures. Execute a capacity to manage, coach and evaluate a growing staff.
• Create a working environment that recognizes and rewards creativity, passion and excellence reflective of 24 Foundation’s mission.
• Execute strategic plan for 24 Foundation’s success through significant financial growth.
• Guide strategy that allows staff and volunteers to find and execute event planning and execution efficiencies.
• Respond and drive strategic direction provided by the Board and staff leadership.
• Work with the Board of Directors to execute strategic plans, specifically tying strategies to operations allowing 24 Foundation to achieve desired plan results.
• Work with Board Committee Chairs to set agendas, drive strategic thinking and support Board initiatives.
• Serve as the staff representative on the Executive Committee.
Donor engagement – 25%
• Work with staff to drive fundraising and recruitment. Successfully develop partnerships with corporations, team captains and individual donors.
• Manage fundraising and sponsorship activities, including use of technology in all phases of sponsorship planning, sales, activation and reporting.
• Work to create new and expanded strategies to diversify 24 Foundation’s funding base.
• Ensure 24 Foundation supports major third-party fundraisers benefiting the organization.
Mission integration and program support – 25%
• Ensure the 24 Foundation mission and vision are and practiced throughout the organization.
• Raise visibility of 24 Foundation in the local, regional and national communities, especially in the cancer survivorship arena.
• Act as the public face and personality of 24 Foundation, maintain comfort levels while speaking to community partners, business executives, elected officials, donors, media, individual citizens and other stakeholders about the accomplishments and potential of the 24 Foundation model.
• Engage in continuing education related to cancer navigation, survivorship and peer to peer fundraising.
• Serve as the main contact and liaison to all health care contacts and beneficiary partners.
• Seek opportunities to collaborate with other non-profit organizations groups.
• Seek partnerships with local, regional and national organizations.
• Maintain a strong knowledge of financial management including acumen understanding and analyzing financial data, preparing and presenting budgets and creating systems designed to save money and while increasing efficiencies.
• Oversee development and manage the organization’s brand including the base name and identity,
traditional and digital communications and gifting/retail merchandise.
• Guide brand and marketing strategy for national and individual event markets.
• Oversee development of 24 Foundation programs and services, including navigation and survivorship services.
Education and specialized skill requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Administration or Business, Master’s degree preferred.
• Demonstrated successful organizational management or similar experience, non-profit ED experience preferred.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and writing and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently while achieving team goals is required.
• Experience with Apple products, Microsoft Office suite, website software/analytics and fundraising.
databases, experience with peer-to-peer software/applications, specifically Classy and Salesforce software a plus.
• Demonstrated accomplishment in an event-oriented environment and/or in a nonprofit at a similar stage of growth is preferred.
• Interest and participation in health-related cause activities, wellness, physical activity and cycling is a plus.
• Ability to travel 30% of your time including nights and weekends.
• Motivator – brings out the best in people.
• Management acumen – uses resources wisely to the benefit of 24 Foundation’s beneficiaries and participants.
• Teamwork – proven track record as a team builder with staff, board of directors and external stakeholders.
• Follow-through – focuses on priorities and bringing opportunities to completion.
• Leadership-oriented – Takes initiative and willing to make challenging decisions.
Our people bring our mission to life. So of course, we have created a great place to work. We do this by focusing on how we challenge, train and grow our team of leaders. We want to see 24 Foundation have a positive impact on every team member, from personal growth to improving their professional skills as well as opportunities for advancement. Naturally, being on an excellent team has rewards beyond these soft qualities of a great place to work. 24 Foundation provides competitive compensation and a benefits plan, including 12 paid holidays, 401K plan and access to an annual bonus.
Email a cover letter and resume to Carrie Futral at email@example.com by July 23rd, 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.