Premier Yarns is a dynamic company, located in Harrisburg, NC., importing and distributing high-quality hand knitting yarns to the craft and hobby retail industry. Our company is known for its quality product and is a rapidly expanding industry where you can become a valued team member.
We are currently looking for a Graphic Designer on the Marketing & Creative Services team to graphic design work and project support for Premier corporate and our major big box craft store customers. Our Graphic Designer will work cross-functionally with the Premier Yarns sales team and big box stores to create print and digital creative. Our Graphic Designer is responsible for creating visually appealing, on-brand designs for Premier Yarns as well as big box store private label yarns. Retail package and label design experience is helpful.
Our superstar must be proactive in keeping up to date with popular knit/crochet industry trends, share, own and implement new ideas and can jump in to do what’s necessary for the success of the company to contribute to overall revenue goals.
• Provide yarn design support (print and digital) for A.C. Moore, Michaels, Jo-Ann Stores and smaller accounts as needed.
• Design layout, create yarn labels and barcodes.
• Assemble mill ready artwork files that include barcodes, 3T requirements, gauge changes, POL images.
• Track and update trademarks and registered trademarks for yarn names.
• Develop, fabricate and design packaging for specialty yarns.
• Monitor production samples and request die lines for artwork layout.
• Assemble and provide final artwork files for mill.
• Obtain quotes, create P.O.’s and layout and design print project tear sheets for specific patterns.
print project sheets for specific patterns.
• Design, develop, update and maintain current yarn catalog data and generate sell sheet pages for sales team in print and digital forms.
• Backup support to take some in-house product photography and ball and chip shots for all new yarns and color corrections.
• Lead on creating and maintaining corporate branding style guides for Premier Yarns for logo’s, usage etc.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and follow up within a team environment.
• The ability to proactively ‘think ahead’ in a design capacity for Premier’s assigned big box store customers.
• Adaptable to changing priorities.
• Problem solver/solution oriented.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Identify areas for process improvements, set timelines for enacting change and collaborate with sales team.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications:
• College degree or equivalent experience.
• 1-3 years graphic design experience in a business environment.
• Photoshop, InDesign and Adobe Illustrator/Adobe Creative Suite experience is mandatory.
• Digital advertising experience.
• Package and label design experience.
• Photography experience a plus.
• Good understanding of Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Have a collaborative spirit and demonstrate the ability to be part of a team environment and willingness to learn.
Why work with us:
Our employees are rewarded with competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits including, paid holidays, sick and vacation time as well as health and dental insurance.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.