Business Development Representative
At SentryOne our mission is to empower Microsoft data professionals to achieve breakthrough performance across physical, virtual and cloud environments. Our data performance software simplifies the development, testing, management, monitoring and documentation for Microsoft SQL Server and the Microsoft Business Intelligence Suite (SSIS, SSAS & SSRS). We do this with the lowest overhead in the industry.
We are seeking passionate professionals interested in exploring tremendous sales opportunities in the exciting field of data and analytics.
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is results-oriented with strong communication skills. This position is primarily responsible for leading top of funnel activity focused on creating prospect engagement. Responsibilities include making outbound calls, receiving inbound calls, electronic communication with prospects and scheduling demonstrations of our software. The BDR will be highly motivated and drive positive prospect experiences that support the company’s overall sales goals.
Duties and essential functions:
• Make outbound calls to warm inbound evaluation/event leads.
• Achieve product demonstrations and opportunity targets through lead development activity.
• Engage with prospects in a time sensitive manner prescribed by the Sales Manager.
• Maintain a measurable persistence around lead development which includes call and email engagement.
• Receive and qualify inbound sales calls/messages.
• Proactively cold call target accounts for business development.
• Work closely with other departments to ensure completion of the sale and/or other sales operations requirements.
• Ability to multi-task. Proven ability to manage multiple issues and/or projects successfully bringing them all to resolution in a timely manner.
• Problem-solving. Anticipates problems, recognizes and accurately evaluates the signs of problems and analyzes current procedures for possible improvements.
• Customer service. Listens and responds effectively to customer questions, resolves customer problems to the customer’s satisfaction. Respects all internal and external customers and uses a team approach when dealing with customers in order to exceed customer expectations.
• Detail orientation. Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
• Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Business or related field and 2+ years experience.
• Self-motivated and strong work ethic.
• Experience in B2B cold calling, sales or business development.
• Proven ability to achieve and exceed personal quotas and goals.
• Strong attention to detail and accurate documentation.
• Professional communication skills and ability to connect with IT business leaders.
Why work with us:
At SentryOne we believe in people, holding our customers and employees in the highest regard is the foundation of our success. Our employees work in a collaborative, fun environment with unmatched benefits, flexible schedules and generous vacation allowances. We offer community service opportunities, company outings and competitions (virtual and irl) and subsidized gym memberships. Our new Charlotte HQ is opening this fall – just a 10 min walk from the Scaleybark Station on the Brewers at 4001 Yancey campus.