Marketing Communications Manager
National Gypsum Company is a fully integrated manufacturer and supplier of building and construction products worldwide including Gold Bond ® BRAND gypsum wallboard, ProForm ® BRAND joint treatment products and PermaBase ® BRAND cement board.
We have an immediate opening for a Marketing Communications Manager at our Corporate Office in the SouthPark area of Charlotte, NC and build your future with us. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Advertising & Creative.
This position is responsible for the creation, management and execution of National Gypsum’s marketing communication and messaging efforts. It involves the development of marketing tools that support and promote National Gypsum’s image and leadership position in the industry. The position requires experience in marketing communications and public relations, strong product knowledge, a high level for detail, excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to manage multiple projects and the ability to meet stringent deadlines.
Major job responsibilities (not all inclusive):
• Collaborate with the business unit managers and product managers in the planning, creation and maintenance of all product and technical materials for use by field sales and customers, including but not limited to, literature, production of animated, product and installation videos, signage, POP displays, photography, etc.
• Manage outside writers, illustrators, proofreaders and designers, along with an internal project team, in maintaining the company’s NGC Construction Guide product catalog.
• Plan, develop and execute creative strategies and themes for sales promotion programs that effectively achieve sales and marketing goals and objectives.
• Effectively evaluate and engage outside graphic designers in managing the creative concept and timely development of trade show and banner graphics (digital and print).
• Manage and evaluate outside resources to develop the content and creation of Technical Marketing’s monthly On Board e-newsletter, Technical Services quarterly e-newsletter and the DEXcell quarterly e-newslettter.
• Initiate the creative ideas and purchasing activities for advertising collateral materials used to support and promote the various product lines.
• Create and manage effective marketing bulletins and various presentations for dissemination of new product information and updates to field sales.
• Manage the procurement of recognition awards – Baker trophies, pinnacle rings, award plaques and other items as requested.
• Manage and maintain the Digital Asset Management (DAM) system of photographs, illustrations, videos, etc.
• Coordinate and manage Marketing’s future planned social media activities including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
• Establish, monitor and maintain project budgets that support marketing communications activities and resources.
• Other duties as required by the Marketing department or others.
• Provide creative ideas and leadership in developing marketing solutions that motivate and promote National Gypsum’s products and services to the highest quality standards.
• Demonstrate managerial abilities in employing and supervising outside resources such as copywriters, graphic designers, photographers, illustrators, etc., maintaining the highest standards of quality while maximizing budget guidelines. Provide strong marketing direction and clearly defined objectives.
• Establish good working relationships with internal customers in achieving all goals and objectives.
• Bachelor’s Degree with major in Communications Arts (i.e., Journalism, Advertising). Minor in Marketing and/or Business Administration preferred.
• Minimum 5-7 years of experience within the advertising/marketing communications department of a major manufacturer or advertising agency involved in both business-to-business and consumer advertising/sales promotion.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office products and a digital asset management system (Widen preferred).
• High level of experience, knowledge and understanding of social media.
• A self-starter with a high degree of organizational, project management and creative skills. Has an eye for design with copywriting, editing, graphic arts and print production know-how. Position requires the ability to work well with a diverse group of individuals while professionally handling multiple tasks and respective deadlines.
• Limited travel required.
• Competitive salary.
• 401(k) and match.
• Retirement account.
• Paid holidays.
• Life Insurance.
• Short-term and long-term disability.
• Flexible spending accounts.
• Wellness Program with medical premium incentives.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening is required. The Company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please. Employment ready applicants only.