The Finance Manager will play a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity. The Finance Manager will be a hands-on and participative manager who will support finance, business planning and budgeting and IT. Partnering with the CEO, the Finance Manager (FM) will set Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte’s financial policy and direction while also being an active participant in the organization’s overall strategy. She or he will lead all financial administration, business planning, budgeting and IT. As a partner to the senior leadership team, the FM will work closely with a motivated and engaged finance and governance committee of the board of directors.
• Partner with the CEO on all operational and strategic issues as they arise, provide strategic recommendations to the CEO based on financial analysis and projections, cost identification and allocation and revenue/expense analysis.
• Participate in the ongoing strategic planning process as an integral member of the senior management team.
• Oversee long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte’s strategic plan.
• Engage the Director of House Advancement to align financial management with short- and long-term financial planning and projections.
• Engage the board finance committee around issues, trends and changes in the operating model and operational delivery.
Financial and Operational Management.
• Oversee budgeting and the implementation of budgets, so as to monitor progress and present operational metrics both internally and externally.
• Ensure that the financial record systems are maintained in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and monitor the use of all funds.
• Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner, clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements, collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
• Manage cash flow and forecasting, direct all financial, project-based and departmental accounting.
• Oversee all accounts, ledgers and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
• Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs and program budgets and actual expenditures.
• Collect bi-weekly timesheets and submit payroll hours to payroll company and post Journal entry to Financial Edge to record payroll expenditures.
• Coordinate all audit activities and preparation of the 990.
• Partner with the HR Director to evaluate benefits negotiations.
• Review all formal finance- and IT-related procedures, processes and administration, recommending improvements to the systems in place and managing the systems going forward. Coordinate IT support for the organization.
• Engage all departments to facilitate cross-department collaboration that ensures that all financial and IT, solutions positively support Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte’s evolving strategy, operational delivery and data collection needs.
• Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system, ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
• Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices, improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
• Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors.
• Oversees and plans for technology needs of the house and staff
• Perform other related and assigned duties as necessary.
• Seek opportunities for professional growth and development.
• A minimum of a BS.
• At least 5 years of broad finance experience, ideally experience gathering and evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations to senior leadership.
• Experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, accounting for investments and IT.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors, advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
• If coming from the for-profit world, nonprofit board experience preferred.
• Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
• A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality. Needs to be seen as a team player who is committed to lifelong learning.
• A hands-on manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment.
• An effective communicator, with strong oral and written skills.
• A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and dedication to the mission of RMH of Charlotte.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Planning and organizing.
• Strong communication skills.
• Information and task monitoring.
• Judgment and problem-solving.
• Ability to perform duties with minimal direction and supervision.
Submit resume online Vicky Seksinsky, Office Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to RMH of Charlotte, 1613 E Morehead Street, Charlotte, NC 28207 by the deadline of end of business day July 6, 2018.