Social Pet is Charlotte’s best choice for dog daycare, lodging and grooming. We offer daycare options including group play and one-on-one enrichment activities, a variety of comfortable lodging accommodations and personalized amenities and Spa services ranging from a basic bath, brush and nail grind to a full pup makeover. At Social Pet, we exist to enrich the lives of dogs and the relationships they share with those who love them.
We are currently seeking candidates for Guest Services Coordinator (Shift Leader) at our facility in Charlotte, NC. As a leader at Social Pet, your primary daily responsibilities involve fostering a positive and supportive environment for all dogs, staff and pet parents in your care. Your ability to give and receive regular feedback, proactively address customer and staff challenges, as well as leading by example through daily positive interactions with the people and dogs around you is crucial. Your training will consist of learning our playgroup management and cleaning procedures by working in those roles until you demonstrate mastery of the positions. You will then learn all aspects of our Front Desk operations as well as the required skills to run a successful shift. This is a part-time position but there may be full-time opportunities available. All Social Pet full-time staff have access to benefits which is almost unheard of in our industry. If you’re a seasoned pet care professional with leadership experience, love ALL dogs and enjoy providing the best customer service experience possible, we want to hear from you.
• Greet parents and their pets entering establishment.
• Open and close the facility.
• Respond to questions from parents about their pet(s) behavior and experience while in our care.
• Receive payment by cash and credit card.
• Keep records organized and current in computer software.
• Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas and complete other general cleaning duties, such as mopping floors and emptying trash cans.
• Monitor Pet Care Specialists and Enrichment Specialists performance to ensure efficient operations and adherence to facility’s policies and procedures on cleaning and safety are met.
• Discuss job performance problems with employees to identify causes and issues and work on resolving problems.
• Train or instruct employees in job duties and company policies or arrange for training to be provided.
• Inspect accommodations, common areas and yards for cleanliness and appearance.
• Attend company meetings to exchange ideas for improvements, discussion of further training of self or employees and upcoming promotional events.
• Observe behavior of dogs to ensure good play skills and calming signals are being used. Maintain even-tempered and friendly dog yard atmosphere.
• Petting and affection to multiple dogs ranging from 2-100+ pounds at all activity levels (high or low energy) and be comfortable standing up for 100% of shift worked, walking around with the dogs.
• Verify dogs are fed and watered according to schedules and feeding instructions.
• Confirm all medications are administered properly, timely and documented.
• Shared role in chores, such as wash pet dishes thoroughly, do laundry and clean, organize, maintain and disinfect accommodations, yards and equipment.
• Shared help needed to completely clean up and properly dispose of pet waste frequently.