Under the direction of the Senior Digital Graphics Designer and consistent with the Christian mission of the YMCA, the Strategic Marketing Copywriter will be responsible for leading the strategy, creation and management of the Association’s copy and content delivery efforts. We are looking for a talented writer who can create quality, effective communications and manage a revitalization of our online Association, Branch and Camp communications. This position will work collaboratively across the Association (at both the branch and association level) to lead, plan, develop and execute advertising copy, social media, web and email content strategies that support the Association’s growth priorities while adhering to the YUSA and the YMCA of Greater Charlotte graphic standards and messaging priorities.
• Develop strategy and tactical execution plan for Association communications and content that shares positive news, outcomes, volunteer efforts, employee engagement and communications for key Y initiatives across all channels and multiple audiences.
• Write, edit and proofread engaging communications (including advertising copy, email content, web site content, media responses, social media content and more) that balance creativity, clarity and brand integrity.
• Lead content creation from development of key strategic concepts and benefit statements through execution of tactical marketing copy.
• Analyze business needs and challenges and create content, marketing copy and corporate brand communications that respond to those needs and support the organization’s mission, vision and business goals.
• Quickly analyze complex scenarios, determine where communications can add value and recommend appropriate solutions.
• Create and implement Association communications and media initiatives that support both marketing efforts and Association business objectives.
• Create communications that are consistent and integrated with internal and external communications projects.
• Understand and analyze key data and metrics for Association programs, initiatives and audiences, analyze and create reports to evaluate the effectiveness of strategic initiatives and recommend adjustments to future tactics and campaigns based on findings.
• Work closely with employee communications, marketing, public relations, community relations and other social media teams to effectively coordinate communications efforts across multiple channels and departments.
• Monitor social media and online content to identify issues and develop appropriate communications plans, response strategies, key messaging and digital content as required.
• Create prompt and appropriate responses to even the most challenging communications with respect and professionalism, ensuring brand guidelines and company reputation are protected
• Enforce online community guidelines and methods as needed.
• Manage multiple strategic projects while also personally executing on day-to-day work of content creation.
• Create and manage an editorial calendar in collaboration with outside departments.
• Serve as key member of the marketing team, providing expertise on copy and content best practices, risks, emerging trends and opportunities.
Requirements and qualifications:
• A minimum of 4 years of experience in marketing communications.
• A bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Communications or Journalism.
• Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills required.
• Professional experience in creating campaigns and standalone emails and content.
• Professional experience in creating and updating web content using a Content Management System (CMS).
• Professional experience and proficiency in managing corporate social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
• Proven ability to independently create polished, engaging and grammatically correct digital content that meets defined business objectives across multiple channels and platforms (email, websites and social media).
• Talent and desire to create new, innovative strategies and ideas.
• Experience in a fast-paced environment requiring a sense of urgency.
• High degree of flexibility and ability to maintain a positive attitude when responding to challenges.
• Experience in metrics, measurement and reporting for social media, SEO and digital content.
• Experience managing/directing designers or vendors through the process of creating of social shareables, video and other interactive content.
• Strong project management skills and experience managing multiple projects concurrently.
• Outstanding personal time management skills and ability to complete projects independently.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to thrive working collaboratively in a team environment.
• Experience in crisis communications and issues management preferred.
• Sit for extended periods of time.
• Push, pull and lift up to 30 pounds.
• Ability to work in excess of a 40-hour week with irregular work hours.
• Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Ability to communicate in English, written and oral.
• Salary range, $17.48-$21.85 per hour.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.