The Race Coordinator at the U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is part of the Events team responsible for the budgeting, planning, coordination and follow-up of public-facing events. Events include, but are not limited to, single and multi-day Festivals, Whitewater Race Series (WRS) events, Whitewater Film Series events, River Jam concerts, Yoga, Adventure Dining and other established programming. Race Coordinator is a full-time, benefits-eligible position and reports directly to the Strategic Event Manager.
• Lead the planning, execution, reporting and follow-up associated with Whitewater Race Series events.
• Serve as the Race Director for all Whitewater Race Series events.
• Develop and manage WRS and festival website content and work with the Digital Marketing Coordinator to execute implementation.
• Coordinate across all USNWC departments leading up to and after each event to ensure consistent messaging, general preparedness and a positive overall guest experience.
• Work with the Strategic Event Manager to strategically utilize and supervise a small team of Event Staff during onsite events.
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of the existing annual event calendar and ensure the continual growth and development of event programming while staying consistent with the USNWC brand.
• Coordinate with the Marketing Department to design, maps, medals, awards and other giveaways.
• Continually bring a high level of strategic thinking to the Events team throughout all aspects of primary job functions as well as within weekly team meetings.
• Proactively research other community events tied to the active, outdoor lifestyle to stay current on industry trends and ahead of potential conflicts and competition in target markets.
• Maintain availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays with frequency.
• Maintain accurate knowledge of activities, products and services offered by the USNWC.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Event Management or another related field is preferred.
• Race management experience and prior experience participating in various races and competitions.
• 2+ years of prior experience in an event management role.
• Proficient working in Microsoft Office Suite programs and Formsite or another data collection program.
• Must be able to lift 50+ pounds.
• Must be able to stand long periods of time – i.e. throughout the duration of any given event with appropriate break time.
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the USNWC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. The USNWC is an employer who participates in the E-Verify program.