Head of CRM Strategy
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI’s focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster and partner effectively.
The Consumer Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Team is responsible for developing the strategy and running the implementation of a cross-channel CRM platform. Our goal is to position CRM as a key enabler of critical business strategies and execute solutions that will help these business strategies progress. While each individual on this team has high expectations for performance, our success is in our team model – we strive to support each other as well as all Wells Fargo team members by demonstrating the highest level of integrity, judgment and problem-solving; focusing on ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our systems, processes and procedures; and maintaining a high level of teamwork, collaboration and communication.
The CRM Strategy Leader is a central point of leadership and horizontal collaboration for this team. This leader will be responsible for determining the holistic CRM business strategy and corresponding roadmap relative to the Wells Fargo Consumer businesses (Community Banking, Virtual Channels, Consumer Lending, Wealth & Investment Mgmt and Marketing) by taking inputs from senior strategy and business leaders from across the company, as well as leveraging external, competitive knowledge regarding CRM for financial services. This senior leader is responsible for delivering a holistic CRM business case, developing and monitoring program level KPIs, managing the end-to-end capabilities roadmap ensuring prioritization is based on sound strategic logic. Demands for the CRM platform will continue to increase over the next few years as we are in the building phase. The CRM Strategy leader must position these demands into a formal intake mechanism and lead the team to create the appropriate business case by evaluating the value to the customer, the team member and the organization at large. We need a strong strategic leader to help ensure we maintain focus, lead with innovation and monitor for program success.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Manage a small strategy team (2-3 direct reports) to drive intake of new user groups as well as intake of new business needs (capabilities), create the business cases, create journey maps and oversee the development of the end-to-end CRM experience.
• This leader will have responsibility for developing our strategy/vision for reporting and analytics. The leader will be responsible for the delivery of the output of the analytics by working with an analytics team that does not report to this group to produce the appropriate reporting for all interested parties. Strong relationship and influencing skills required.
• Be a strong advocate and communicator of our CRM approach across the enterprise by participating in events where speaking to CRM is required. This includes developing the appropriate content for presentations for mid-level management audiences, executive audiences and to large forums/town halls. This leader must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills to be effective in this role.
• This role will interface with senior leadership across the company to influence other initiatives and program roadmaps to ensure our LOB’s and channels get the maximum value out of CRM capabilities. This leader must clearly define program intersections, dependencies, strategies and execution plans to ensure alignment/connection.
• Work with CRM Capability leaders and CRM Program Leader (peers on the team) to prioritize new capabilities into work queue to ensure maximum value creation.
• Bring best practices, industry insights, competitive insights and innovative ideas across the program work teams to ensure our strategies and deliverables are influenced by external knowledge to help produce the best outcome for Wells Fargo and our customers.
• Partner with the head of Consumer CRM and the head of CRM Change Management (peer on the team) to tell the CRM story and create necessary presentations to obtain ongoing funding, executive buy-in and drive for change across the enterprise.
Who you are:
• A successful candidate for this role will have experience in leading complex and multi-faceted business strategies and programs, ideally in a cross-enterprise capacity.
• This role will need to interface with senior executives and be able drive tough conversations to ensure appropriate alignment.
• This leader will epitomize the “driving change differently” for Wells Fargo. Our CRM Operating Model is a new way of operating at Wells Fargo and this candidate will be at the pinnacle of driving this change.
• An ideal candidate will be able to thrive in a very fast-paced environment with evolving business needs and priorities.
• The candidate will need to handle the tactical nature of a large program combined with the complexities of building a new platform at Wells Fargo.
• The candidate will need to embrace rapid change and be ok “handling the gray” with role definition.
• As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team and the business. Specifically you will
• Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued and supported to do work that energizes them.
• Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks and completing daily management tasks.
• 7+ years of strategic planning experience.
• 3+ years of management experience.
• Excellent communication skills demonstrated verbally and in creation of presentations.
• Ability to create program roadmaps and strategic use cases.
• Experience in leading large scale business strategies across complex environments.
• Strategic thinker with an execution mindset to successfully bring projects to completion – deadline oriented.
• Ability to be proactive, innovative and creative in meeting customer and enterprise needs.
• Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner to an executive audience.
• Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment.
• Demonstrated ability to influence effectively in a heavily matrixed organization with a high degree of initiative and strong ability to meet key responsibilities with limited direction and oversight.
• High level of motivation and ability to learn quickly, is proactive and adaptable to change.
• Intermediate/advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills.
• A BS/BA degree or higher.
• Beyond experience, the right personal integrity, style and attitude are critical to success in this role.
• Dedicated, enthusiastic, driven and performance-oriented. Possesses a strong work ethic.
• Proactive innovator, motivator and change agent – able to effectively and constructively lead change in an organization.
• Collaborative, influential and highly self-aware.
• Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act. Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.