HR compliance and employee relations
• Coach managers and supervisors on employee relations issues and policy administration.
• Recommend, develop and revise personnel policies and maintain employee handbook.
• Manages the HRIS System.
• Complete new hire onboarding process.
• Process status changes.
• Maintain employee documentation.
• Address employee questions and issues.
• Process unemployment claims and attend unemployment hearings.
• Process employment verifications and other information requests.
• Process wage garnishments and respond to agency inquiries for information.
• Maintain compliance with current regulations and laws (FMLA, ADA, etc.).
• Provides HR related metrics and reports to Management and Exec Team.
• Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
Benefits and compensation
• Administers benefits programs including health and welfare benefits, PTO, leave of absence and employee assistance.
• Administer 401(k) program ensuring legal compliance.
• Maintain ACA compliance.
• Maintains employee information on benefits websites.
• Audits benefit bills and prepares expense reconciliation.
• Facilitate new hire enrollment and annual open enrollment.
• Negotiate rates with vendors.
• Manage broker and vendor relationships.
• Conduct and coordinate orientation.
• Conduct supervisor compliance training on hiring, terminations, performance reviews, sexual harassment, etc.
• Determine training topics.
• Ensure consistent leadership approaches.
Performance management and salary administration
• Execute annual performance evaluation and salary administration process.
Experience and education requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field (required).
• PHR or SPHR certification.
• Minimum of five to seven years of general hands-on human resources experience (required).
• Experience supporting employee group of 100+ in multiple locations.
• Prefer experience supporting direct labor employee group.
• Strong service orientation, social perceptiveness and active listening skills.
• Ability to relay difficult information and have uncomfortable conversations.
• Ability to communicate clearly, professionally and empathetically.
• Knowledge of HR principles and procedures for hiring, training, compensation, compliance, benefits administration and record-keeping.
• Knowledge and understanding of local, state and federal employment laws.
• Strong capacity for problem-solving.
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills.