Led by internationally renowned Music Director Christopher Warren-Green, the Charlotte Symphony is the largest performing arts organization in the region. Core programming runs from September through May and includes Classical, Pops and Family series, alongside annual holiday favorites Magic of Christmas and Handel’s Messiah. We also serve as the soundtrack to our community’s ballet and opera productions.
As part of our commitment to serve the entire region, the CSO performs everywhere from parks and schools to jails, breweries and senior care centers. We passionately believe that music, accessible to all and experienced in many forms, unifies and enriches our entire community. Longstanding Pops at Symphony Park rounds out each season and our CSO On the Go neighborhood series is aimed at bringing an intimate and affordable orchestra experience to our wider community.
Project Harmony, our program for enacting social change through music, serves nearly 200 children with the fewest resources and greatest need through a free afterschool orchestra training program. This program will double to serve over 400 children in the next 2 years.
Charlotte Symphony Orchestra is searching for an experienced, reliable and task-oriented Administrative Assistant to the CEO and VP Development who loves music and supports the CSO’s vision that all children deserve access to quality music education.
The Administrative Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO. In addition, s/he supports the VP of Development and acts as a liaison to the Board of Directors and senior management team members. S/he will exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. S/he will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion and must be able to treat confidential matters with discretion.
Who you are:
• The successful candidate will have 3-5 years of administrative experience, preferably in a non-profit organization. S/he will have exceptional organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
• Personable, s/he will have the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
• S/he will be able to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate the highest level of customer service and response.
Education and experience:
• A college degree is required.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and social media web platforms highly desirable.
• Salary range $38,000-$43,000, depending on experience.
Send resume to CEO@charlottesymphony.org with Administrative Assistant in the subject line along with a short cover note telling us why you want to work for the CSO.