Campaign Associate (Temporary)
A Campaign Associate is a temporary full-time paid position working with United Way of Central Carolinas during peak United Way campaign season. United Way staff members plan and execute a community-wide fundraising campaign. More than 1,000 local businesses are involved in running workplace campaigns. Associates are tasked with campaign management. They organize, implement and complete workplace campaigns across the community. A workplace campaign includes both employee and corporate solicitations.
• Use United Way processes and templates to prepare account plans and action lists for assigned companies, including effective strategies and activities to meet United Way goals.
• Build relationships with Employee Campaign Coordinators and other company leaders through a variety of communication methods (i.e. phone, email, written correspondence, face-to-face meetings).
• Guide and support Coordinators as needed to plan, organize and schedule their employee campaign activities.
• Deliver campaign materials. Arranges for speakers, tours, etc.
• Assist with presentations at kick-off meetings. Promote and represent UWCC in meetings and events.
• Keep abreast of campaign activities to ensure that campaigns stay on track and Coordinators report results according to prescribed methods and timetables.
• Complete other tasks not mentioned above but requested by United Way.
• Write appropriate correspondence and maintain volunteer and account files.
• Complete required campaign communications updating United Way database on a daily basis.
• Return all company files, reports, records and material to United Way Manager at the conclusion of the campaign.
• Support the updating of the database, edits, updates, retrieve campaign reports, prepare campaign analysis, submit campaign monies to Pledge Processing immediately upon receipt and keep United Way Manager informed of campaign results.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to work with a diverse population. Community service orientation.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Organizational and planning skills. Effective time management skills to handle multiple accounts at the same time.
• Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced professional work environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Must have dependable transportation for use during regular work hours.
• Previous public speaking and fundraising experience a plus.
• Indoor office environment.
• Occasional use of personal vehicle. Must have valid driver license and minimum insurance as required by the State of North Carolina DMV.
• Occasional non-regular hours.
• Must be able to lift 20 pounds.
• This is a temporary position, lasting about 4 months beginning August 1, 2018 and ending around November 21, 2018.
• Normal business hours are 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday with a one-hour lunch break.
• United Way of Central Carolinas reimburses for travel expenses.
• Work duties vary but time will be spent approximately 70% administrative tasks, 30% community/field work.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must be available to interview in person between 9 a.m.-12 p.m. on Thursday, July 12th.