The Agency Marketing Group is looking for a Graphic Designer responsible for creating design solutions that have communicate visually with clarity, beauty, excellence and creativity. The role involves listening and communicating daily with internal management team, clients and understanding their needs before making design decisions. This role will develop creative ideas, designs and concepts individually and with the team and will be responsible for the layouts and design elements for a variety of mediums. The work demands creative talent and execution skill, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time and deadlines. We’re looking for a person with natural talent and an artistic eye that can’t be taught.
The Agency environment is fun but also requires élan under pressure. There are always deadlines to be met with creativity and constructive criticism to take in stride to perfect your designs or work within client needs or wants. The Agency will support your continuing skill attainment within your field and we encourage and support continuing education courses or seminars.
• Develop concepts for and design for any client projects assigned to you: including logo design, collateral and pos materials, direct mail, advertisements, newsletters, social media graphics, gifs, vehicle wraps, signage and website design as needed.
• Meet all deadlines set by the account manager.
• Stay within budget and track all time.
• Assist team with brainstorming, marketing and advertising concepts.
• Maintain all client file archives with named and organized folders.
• Think creatively, have new ideas, execute with grace, talent, speed.
• Incorporate a wide range of media, including photography and video, to produce work.
• Contribute ideas and design artwork for any client projects assigned to you.
• Keep abreast of emerging technologies in new media.
• Communicate any problem, concerns or suggestions to the appropriate parties if you need help.
• Participate in the creative process for new and existing clients from concept to completion.
• Design a range of ongoing projects and ensure work that is creative, fresh and on brand.
• Understanding client’s business and communication goals and translate them into unique creative solutions.
• Demonstration that you understand messaging, copy and creative brief and can tell complex stories visually and verbally.
Support and communication
• Participate with account managers, social media team, contractors and clients in production of all branding, marketing, design and digital efforts.
• Report to the account rep or design manager who assigned to the project and work with the rest of the creative team to meet deadlines and share in the group effort to make every project a success.
• Contribute and generate ideas and bring the ideas of others to life.
• Actively participate in creative meetings and contribute to our culture of creativity.
• Graceful under pressure and in general. Articulate communicator. Organized worker.
• Internally motivated by love of art, aesthetics, graphic communication and it’s translation into design.
• Intrinsically curious about learning new design ideas, trends and methods.
• Flexible, multi-perspective, idea person who feels comfortable contributing ideas for discussion and thinks about the short and long-term impact.
• Proactive, takes initiative and anticipates next steps.
• Attention to detail (one misprint can cost thousands).
• An optimistic problem solver who finds opportunity in a challenge.
• Self-motivated do-er, initiative taker, fast thinker, flexible and strong concentration skills.
• Feels comfortable in a fluid setting where structure may be loose and priorities may change quickly and multitasking is a necessity.
Desired skills and experience:
• 4+ years of design experience in an agency setting.
• Degree from an art school or design program preferred.
• Adobe Creative Suite mastery (Ai, Id, Ps, Ae, Pr) Web Design, Video editing and other digital design software.
• Understanding of use of email systems like Mailchimp, Constant Contact, my emma.
• Interdisciplinary understanding and appreciation of artistic disciplines and creative processes.
• Competitive salary based on experience.
• Generous vacation schedule.
• Awesome work team and office environment.
Send resume and other applicable documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants must send Portfolio demonstrating work in design, branding, content layout.