Assistant Account Executive – PR
At Butin, we have a mission – to forge meaningful connections for our clients and improve their bottom line. We are a mid-sized, female-owned, female-run PR and communications agency specializing in food & beverage, travel & leisure and lifestyle & consumer brands with offices in Charlotte, North Carolina and St. Simons Island, Georgia. Our goal is to help clients Be Remarkable. We are recognized for our long-term partnerships with national brands and clients, ranking as a Top Travel and Top Food & Beverage agency by O’Dwyer’s and have been named four times to the University of Georgia “Bulldog 100” nationwide list of fastest-growing U.S. companies (2012-2016). Our core values include Fostering Relationships, Championing Creativity and Embracing Service. Butin proudly gives hundreds of hours each year, along with financial contributions, to the communities where we live and work. To learn more about Butin, visit our website at butincom.com.
What we are looking for:
We are seeking an ambitious self-starter with media relations and client service skills and previous agency and/or in-house experience to fill our entry-level role of Assistant Account Executive in Charlotte, NC. The ideal candidate is curious about topics relevant to our industry, stays on top of current events and trends and gets energized by trying and learning new tasks. As an AAE at Butin, you must thrive on organization and managing the details of a project while also enjoying getting to know our clients and how to service them.
You will love this position if you:
• Love learning and trying new things.
• Are highly organized and have a knack for details.
• Enjoy writing and developing creative content.
• Thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Like working independently.
• Have a passion for PR, news media and project management.
• Media and influencer outreach – contact research, list pulling, list maintenance and updates, pitch writing, coordination, daily media monitoring and success reporting.
• Client service – Agenda-setting, status reports, task management, timeline creation, responding to client requests.
• Account team support – Ordering supplies, note-taking, organizing meetings, scanning media clips, maintaining files and subscriptions.
• 1+ year of PR-related experience desired, but not required.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Appetite for learning, growing and trying new things.
• Confident, professional, polished presence.
• Good sense of humor with a positive, resilient attitude.
Submit cover letter, resume (including cumulative and major GPAs), 2-3 relevant writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.