Lead Financial Analyst
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is expanding its Finance organization and has positions available in areas supporting Merchandising, Store Operations, Services and Supply Chain.
We are advocates for our shareholders and customers responsible for partnering with the business to optimize financial outcomes, long-term value creation and risk mitigation. We are a goal-oriented, continuous-learning organization with deep financial expertise and business acumen. Our success is hinged on our servant leadership and steadfast commitment to People, Financial Stewardship and Process.
Relocation assistance provided to those who qualify.
The GFO Lead Financial Analyst serves as a financial steward in the organization by partnering with leaders in highly visible areas of the business to optimize the financial outcomes of decisions. The Lead Analyst accomplishes work through the responsibilities listed below.
• Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) and thought leader on respective team.
• Facilitates the financial forecasting and planning processes with functional partners and business units that result in quarterly forecast updates, annual plans and long-range plans (2-3 years).
• Collaborates across the business to provide root cause analysis and actionable insights based on financial and non-financial data to functional partners and business units. This includes the optimization of the deployment of financial resources on behalf of the Company and responsibility for instilling financial acumen in the business to create a foundation for strong decision-making.
• Seeks to maximize financial returns through communication of financial and non-financial insights to leaders by preparing analyses using multiple data sources, translating findings into clear, understandable themes, identifying complete, consistent and actionable insights and recommendations.
• Develops business cases for key initiatives and major programs by creating robust financial models tied to a program’s (or initiative’s) strategic narrative, identifying risks to the organization and engaging the business owner in risk mitigation and trade-offs, identifying and measuring key trigger points (metrics) that provide insight into an initiative’s success (leading and final indicators).
• Completes work assignments by applying up-to-date expertise in the subject area, leveraging an understanding of policies, data and resources to support projects or initiatives, collaborating cross-functionally to solve business problems, identifying, recommending and implementing ways to address improvement opportunities.
• Develops Senior Specialist, Analyst and Senior Analyst talent by guiding the prioritization of day-to-day workload and direction, reviewing work output and providing feedback, coaching and mentoring on strengths and opportunities
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field PLUS 6+ years of experience in finance or analytical role in public company or accounting.
• Experience with Microsoft Office tools (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
• 1+ years of experience with financial forecasting or analytic modeling.
• Experience in structuring and writing formal documents, developing and delivering group presentations, project planning and/or cross-functional collaboration.
• Previous experience in FP&A, Corporate Finance or Corporate Accounting.
• Experience in Supply Chain for Supply Chain Finance roles.
• Experience leading people directly or indirectly.
• Retail, Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) and/or Manufacturing experience.
• Master’s Degree or MBA.
• CPA OR CFA or CMA.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.