As long as there are people who make the world a better place, we’ll keep making a difference for them. Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve those who serve others. It is this mission and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization. When you work here at TIAA, you’re not just in it for yourself. You are part of something bigger. A collective mission to make a difference – a collective mission we make our own.
This role will serve as a driver to deliver media strategy and manage the ad planning and buying process for the Brand B2C Strategic Program. This could include the following media channels: television, print, radio and digital. Working directly with our Tier 1 media agency of record, this role will build best-in-class paid media plans that address business and brand program objectives and deliver on KPI’s.
The Director, Media Buying and Planning will work with key marketing partners to maximize performance and efficiency of media buying, drive a robust and timely media planning process across Brand B2C, develop customer-centric media strategies and plans and lead with data-centric, insights-based media planning approach that leverages analytics, targeting of audiences and reporting capabilities. Additionally, this position will lead media and audience planning for the Brand B2C program to activate key target audiences like current customers and prospect customers as well as drive connections across Corporate Marketing and Corporate Communications teams on behalf of the Strategic Brand Program (B2C) advertising/media deliverables and the activities in development and in market.
Responsibilities and duties:
• Lead and develop the media strategy and plans for the Enterprise Brand B2C Strategic Program across all paid media channels.
• Establish best-in-class activation of audience targeting across all digital marketing channels, including the use of 1st party data (TIAA proprietary) suppression, advanced targeting and introduction of 2nd and 3rd party data sources.
• Provide strategic guidance in partnership with the media agency on audience planning. Review all media plans to ensure these are assessed in relation to emerging capabilities and opportunities. Provide in-campaign support to ensure transparency and awareness of ongoing performance in collaboration with internal marketing and external agency partners. Ensure that all learnings are built into future campaign planning as well as education.
• Flawlessly execute media plan with agency partners and internal stakeholders.
• Align on-site and off-site advertising capabilities to enable cross-campaign, cross-channel frequency capping and targeting.
• Collaborate with Brand Creative team and Creative agencies to deliver materials to media agency within media specs.
• Constantly review audience targeting and activation processes and drive optimization of media channel choices, collaborate with internal and external business partners to improve operational strategy, optimization and effectiveness.
• 10 years of marketing experience which must include a minimum of 5 years of Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), retail and/or financial services consumer-focused brand-building experience.
• Media expertise with integrated brand communications experience garnered at a media agency in a planning/buying role across diverse media channels (e.g., digital – programmatic display/video, search engine marketing, search engine optimization, social – as well as broadcast and cable, print, out-of-home
• Strong communication/presentation skills, ability to present to executive audiences
• Ability to translate data into meaningful findings and recommendations
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Strong ability to influence
This organization is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as “protected characteristics”).
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.