Social Media Manager
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive and in our 70th year, we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live.
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard, one of the world’s leading strategic communications firms, is known for creating integrated solutions that deliver what clients value most: meaningful, positive and measurable impact on the performance of their organizations. We have an immediate opening for an energetic, motivated and social-media savvy professional to be a Social Media Manager in its expanding digital practice area.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
The Social Media Manager will help with the growing digital footprint for clients with a primary focus on social content, insights and strategy. The ideal candidate will be passionate about all facets of social media, from the tools needed for measuring engagement and its impact to crafting social strategy.
The position is responsible for the seamless execution of the following day-to-day activities:
• Providing day-to-day account leadership and strategic counsel to clients.
• Work closely with internal team members and client contacts alike regarding a variety of digital initiatives, primarily surrounding social media content, insights and strategy.
• Understand social media trends and how specific clients can fit in the space.
• Monitor and report on appropriate topic, crisis or general conversation trends for key clients.
• Working understanding of paid social strategy and communicating its importance to clients.
• Managing multiple client contact relationships and deliver according to individual contact needs.
• Project management and oversight of the work of teams, including mentoring of junior team members.
• Participating in new business pitches.
• 5-8 years of integrated marketing and/or digital communications experience in an agency or corporate setting, including at least 3 years of immersive social media experience.
• Excellent and versatile writing skills, including an ability to identify and tell brand stories across a variety of platforms.
• Platform experience including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and more.
• Some familiarity with measurement tools including but not limited to Google Analytics, Crimson Hexagon, Sysomos, Radian 6, Unmetric, Buddy Media, Sprinklr, Trendkite and more.
• Working knowledge of social media paid advertising campaigns including Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin and Twitter.
• Exceptional time management skills including the ability to handle multiple clients with changing priorities.
• Creative, well informed and in touch with general consumer and business trends.
• A propensity for time management/multi-tasking.
• Experience working with healthcare and pharmaceutical clients preferred, but not required.