As Business Development Account Manager, Assistant Director, you will manage business development activity for strategic priority accounts. You will work closely with partners and Business Development executives, to facilitate strategic, multi-disciplinary teams. Together you will also create an integrated, client-focused account team, through communications, frequent follow-up, meetings and reporting.
• Provide account management support for 4-5 priority accounts. This will involve passing on knowledge, charting account progress and executing action items.
• Working with the Business Development Leader, co-lead account team meetings by setting and managing meeting agendas. Act as the central point-of-contact for the account team.
• Co-manage the sales pursuit process, working with the Business Development Leader. Manage part of the pursuits process to tight deadlines (e.g., account research, proposal writing, preparation of oral presentations).
• Use client intelligence to identify areas of opportunity for account teams. Participate in client meetings, at the discretion of the account team. May establish protocols for assessing service quality (ASQ) for accounts. May serve as an interviewer.
• Collect relevant account research from knowledge resources and distribute this to the account team. This information could cover the target/client, its industry and its competitors. It may include key financial information, press releases and relevant organizational thought leadership information. The research will be used to develop account management and/or pursuit strategy/proposals.
• Support client-facing meetings, pursuits and proposals, possibly using marketing collateral, research, business analysis and competitive intelligence.
• Help hire staff members and manage their performance. May supervise and/or counsel subordinate account coordinators.
• Regularly act as project manager for large, global accounts, coordinating day-to-day activities.
• Gain an understanding of EY’s account management and relationship tools and processes.
To qualify, candidates must have:
• A strong executive presence.
• Basic selling skills.
• Strong supervisory skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects and initiatives concurrently.
• A minimum of 7-10 years’ experience previous sales and/or marketing experience desirable.
• Demonstrated project management experience.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.