• Provides oversight and direction of all general accounting functions, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
• Supervises the Financial Services staff, develop goals, assign accountabilities, set objective, establish priorities.
• Establish and maintain an effective system of internal controls for accounting functions.
• Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and commitment to quality.
• Ensure that the agency is in compliance with all government, state and other funding sources requirements including reporting.
• Oversees the completion and management of budgets, reports, audits, with government agencies and other outside funding sources.
• Ensure that all agency bank accounts reconciliations are complete monthly.
• Directs general ledger activities to include closing, analysis and production of financial statements including appropriate revisions and updates.
• Provides financial reports and information, training and assistance to management throughout the organization.
• Oversees the development, maintenance and practice of all accounting related policies and procedures in order to comply with state and federal laws.
• Maintains accounting systems and records in accordance with department and management needs and retention standards.
• Assists with the development and successful completion of the Financial Services annual plan.
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from 4-year college or university in Accounting or related field and 4years’ administrative experience in management of general accounting functions; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Have a working knowledge of principles of fund accounting, must have solid accounting principles background.
• CPA preferred.