Director of Sales & Marketing
The Omni Charlotte Hotel envelopes you in comfort with a touch of genuine North Carolina hospitality. Centrally located in the heart of Charlotte’s financial district, the AAA four-diamond hotel is the perfect destination for convenience to area businesses or to explore countless attractions. Linked to 12 city blocks via sky bridge, the Omni Charlotte Hotel is moments away from the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, Discovery Place, the Charlotte Convention Center and the EpiCentre entertainment district.
Omni Charlotte’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Charlotte Hotel may be your perfect match.
Omni Hotels and Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences at over 60 distinctive luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. Omni Charlotte Hotel recently completed a $30 million dollar re-imagination inspired by Charlotte’s pioneers who found the country’s precious metals, redesigned exterior façade and motor lobby, Uptown’s best new rooftop venue- Coin Bar, Charlottes best guest room product, creative culinary delights and handcrafted cocktails at the new Trade Bar & Restaurant.
Omni Charlotte Hotel is seeking a dynamic, creative, high energy leader to lead our top-line Sales & Marketing team. Based in Charlotte, North Carolina you will engage in leading a team of senior sales associates responsible for account development, as well as the Catering, Convention Services and Revenue Management Disciplines. Be a part of the newly built Executive Team that leads Omni Charlotte to the top of the charts.
• Hire and establish an experienced and successful sales team.
• Implement and maintain Omni brand standards.
• Emphasis on exceeding established pre-opening group rate guidelines.
• Develop, maintain and implement strategies/action plans to generate revenues for the hotel.
• Motivate productivity of all sales staff through leadership, development and support.
• Develop, maintain and implement creative and successful packages to fill identified need periods in all segments.
• Active solicitation of key accounts to generate direct sales.
• If needed maintain Sales Team’s focus on a Proactive solicitation environment.
• Assist in the achievement of overall Food and Beverage revenue.
• Design and leverage all advertising and public relations opportunities.
• Develop, maintain and implement the budgeting and forecasting process.
• Effectively control all marketing expenses to insure optimum operating profit.
• Ensure that all administrative procedures are in place and functioning effectively.
• Ensure that all required reports are completed on a timely basis.
• Promote high visibility of hotel through active involvement in city pre-opening activities, industry associations and trade shows.
• Provide proper collateral and information vehicles to keep customers informed an updated on the hotel.
• Ensure a challenging and exciting environment to encourage full career development and personal growth.
• Support and promote all Corporate programs to increase customer awareness of Omni Hotels & Resorts and ensure that the customer receives the appropriate benefits of each program.
• Through the Convention Services Department, maintain product and assure the protection and cleanliness of the owner’s physical assets.
• Enjoy the Hospitality business, be able to effectively communicate expectations to the team while creating a challenging but fun work environment.
• Always looking for ways to encourage, support and assist the team, setting up the team for success each day to drive the greatest possible results.
• Understand and contribute in overall revenue management initiatives and strategies to ensure we are maximizing every revenue opportunity.
• Uses resources and data to develop strategic plans to sell segments. These plans will incorporate both customer expectations and company’s goals relative to revenue.
• Understands Omni Hotels & Resorts sales and business processes, supports corporate and hotel goals and contributes the enhancement of customer value.
• Develops and executes tactical sales processes that support the Hotel’s strategic plan.
• Organizes activities and resources in a manner that maximizes productivity and efficiency.
• Focuses on personal sales efforts to achieve maximum revenue return from Key Accounts.
• Monitors achievement objectives and goals for the Hotel and takes appropriate action to correct shortfalls versus the strategic plan.
• Grow relationships at the appropriate levels, both internally and externally that enable the development and advancement of sales initiatives.
Basic skills and requirements
• Account planning skills. Identifying and understanding account potential and the ability to set mutual Omni / Customer expectations.
• Management of the customer decision and relationship process.
• Ability to communicate issues and concerns at all level of the organization.
• Ability to direct and lead activities through internal and external resources.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
• Business planning skills and budget management skills.
• Ability to scan and assess the competitive arena as it relates to region and segment to refine/improve customer value proposition.
• Creative and strategic skills.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and reprioritize when necessary.
• Financial analysis skills. Ties strategies and planned actions and results.
• Strong statistical analysis and business case development.
• Communication skills including group presentations, written and oral.
• Team management skills including participation, engages in difficult issues, and effectively influences non-direct reports.
• Strong understanding and expertise in the sales and marketing process.
• Director of Sales & Marketing experience.
• College degree or equivalent experience.
• Proficient in use of Excel, Word and access database tools.