Krispy Kreme’s Media Manager is responsible for implementing the best mix of media channels with a focus on identifying and optimizing digital platforms to find the most cost-efficient and effective way to reach target audiences. S/he has a direct impact in all phases of the consumer journey, from brand engagement through highly optimized performance marketing. S/he will oversee the planning and execution of all types of paid media, including the details and dynamics of direct response, programmatic media, SEM/SEO, social media and custom content sponsorship and development.
• Lead the planning and execution of breakthrough media programs with a focus on digital and content-based engagement marketing, through close collaboration with brand team and agencies. Includes both on-premise and CPG business units.
• Guide an agency team in developing media strategies, identifying optimal media mix and evaluating media plans, including overall media budget.
• Manage paid media budgets to ensure optimal buying and accurate implementation of franchisee funds. Ensure franchisee and company shops get the right media plans based on market impact and brand driving priorities. Develop the right allocation of media resources across all marketing channels (linear, non-linear, programmatic, etc).
• Content review, creation and activation within the media.
• Identify, develop and manage direct relationships with key media and tech partners.
• Lead development of strategic, portfolio-level, digital initiatives/always-on content.
• Monitor performance of programs to optimize performance and develop insights on best practice. Utilize effective data and insights: competitive, marketing mix model allocations, targeting (first and third party).
• Evaluate the effectiveness of digital media plans against goals to drive significant growth in awareness, customer engagement and loyalty.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field. MBA a plus.
• 5-7 years relevant work experience in and agency or client-side marketing team. Traditional advertising, publishing, broadcast media and/or product marketing experience a plus.
• Proven expertise in key digital media disciplines/tools, with an understanding of best practices within areas such as sponsored and branded content programs, display advertising, programmatic and tech execution, SEM/SEO, integrated marketing campaigns, social media marketing, native and influencer/advocate programs. Understanding of tagging tools, taxonomy and governance.
• Experience in effectively managing and executing online media budgets.
• Proven understanding of media planning and/or buying and advertising campaign development.
• Strong organizational and project management skills with a proven ability to move projects forward in a constructive and timely manner.
• Capable of working with and rallying multiple departments/key stakeholders around common goals.
• Exceptional project management and organizational skills.
• Ability to effectively multi-task, managing numerous projects and effectively adapt to shifting priorities.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and in a high-pressure environment.
• Comfortable working independently and making decisions using sound judgment and discretion.
• Self-motivated with an innovative, can-do spirit, always ready to lead and to learn.
• Proactive, results-oriented.
• Strong business and analytic acumen.
• Leadership ability.
• Strong written and oral communications skills.