Have you heard about the new food delivery service that just launched in Charlotte called CrunchButton? They will bring you food from popular restaurants that do not typically deliver. This includes Chipotle, which is freaking awesome considering uptown Charlotte is lacking in the Chipotle department. Now I don’t have to venture out for lunch and I can stay in the comfort of my own desk (I hate desks) to bring you this awesome article about the upcoming weekend.
Eat & Drink
(1) Pinky’s West Side Grill – Every Friday Pinky’s host’s craft beer roulette. $3 gets you a mystery beer off the craft brew menu. It’s a great way to branch out and try to new beers. Make sure to tune in on May 1st at 10 pm to see a recently filmed Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives episode featuring Pinky’s West Side Grill.
(3) Beer Me Brew Fest – Shake of the weekend with a hair of the dog this Sunday at the Charlotte Beer Festival. Sample some beers, listen to music, and support Habitat for Humanity. Sunday 4/19, 1:30-5:30 pm
(4) Tuck Fest – This weekend, Friday through Sunday, the Whitewater Center is hosting their annual Tuck Fest, an event you don’t want to miss. Join a trail race, paddle board on the river, listen to live music and drink cold beer. Friday 4/17, 5-10 pm Saturday 4/18, 8 am-8 pm & Sunday 4/19, 8 am-5 pm
A photo posted by Tuck Fest (@usnwctuckfest) on
(5) Science on the Rocks – What’s better than learning about science? How about an adults only night at Discovery Place with bars throughout. Our very own Katie Civali and Emily Gunn are going and will report back with their experience. Friday 4/17, 5-9 pm $10
For the past 3 years we have sponsored a section of Little Sugar Creek! Twice a year we organize a creek clean up, & the next one is this SAT (4/18) at 10am! Anybody who wants to volunteer can meet us at 22nd & North Davidson Street! All cleaning supplies are provided & volunteers will receive a free beer & pizza in our tap room when we open at 12pm! We will also be giving away prizes for the most interesting items found! Join us?! #CLTBeer #CreekCleanUp #GiveBack #Charlottesgotalot #NCbeer
A photo posted by Birdsong Brewing Company (@birdsongbrewing) on
(7) Battle of the Brews – If you are still thirsty after the Birdsong Creek Cleanup, then head out to the Battle of the Brews in the South End Food Truck Lot. Breweries across Charlotte will be competing for $1,000 cash prize and the official Battle of the Brews title belt. Admission: $40 Saturday 3-6 pm
(8) Sycamore Saturday Run Club – Every Saturday and group of local drinkers…I mean runners, get together at Sycamore Brewery for an afternoon run. Cold beer waiting at the finish line provides a little extra motivation to finish strong. Join the fun/run this Saturday at 11:50am.
Photo via Tuck Fest.